halo roof trim

V8Freak

so I have too order some trim now, vinyl top will be going on and I need too find the vinyl top trim, I have a good set of used pieces off my very solid parts car but would like all new but it seems that does not exist, anyone else run into this problem?

go and buy yourself a cloth wheel to go on a bench grinder and add some polishing compound to the wheel ...buff and buff and buff some more, and it should come up shiny as new...that is what I did

I used metal polish and 0000 steel wool and they came out fine but if you need the clips they really don sel the right ones you need the center lock one ran into that last week on mine after putting the vinyl top on

I had a feeling they didn't make any new trim for the top based on my answers from suppliers, figured id ask here just incase. Guess ill be taking the trim off my parts car very carefully

Pretty much what the other members have said, best bet is to polish the heck outta them. I also did not repaint the accent paint to mine,kinda looks better IMO.

Good luck.

I had a feeling they didn't make any new trim for the top based on my answers from suppliers, figured id ask here just incase. Guess ill be taking the trim off my parts car very carefully

Stainless pieces come off easily with a putty knife. Slip under and gently pry up. Pot metal pieces at lower corners by the trunk have a nut, inside the trunk, holding them. Easy to break the stud off trying to loosen nut.

Repainted mine didn't like it so polished it back off and last week after new top was put on put polished ones on.Ordered some clips they sent wrong ones again.

• 2 months later...

well id be interested if you have trim you need to get rid of, I really need those corner pieces mine have tiny holes in them the rest on my parts car is good and I can use them if need be