Rubber Item identification

Daryl

Does any one know the name of the rubber flap that presses on the firewall shoulder seams and fills the void between the rear fender and the firewall? Can't find that thing any where. I think it is for directing air into the side vents.

Hey Daryl, not sure what its called, but I believe it's a Monte specific thing, they are not being reproduced as far as I know, it's been discussed here before, maybe someone who has a set from a parted out car will chime in here with a set.

I always thought they were to keep debris out of the area of the lower part of the fender........ either that or to trap the leaves and pine needles in that fell in there from the cowl area.

Rob

Thanks for everyones input! I was looking for the proper name so I could do a good search. I even went over to the Chevelle site and couldn't find anything. It being an exclusive monte carlo thing explains why I couldn't find it. I think I'm going to leave mine out and leave the supply for those that are restoring to original condition. It may be possible I might even have a set. I have a 71 I stripped many years ago and stached the parts at my sisters place. I plan on hauling all those parts back to my place soon.

I sent about 25-30 of them to Leo, some were kind of rough, others were good, I just sent them all.

Kind of wished I would have kept a few of the best sets now. Just pulled in another car and it has a set, I think I'll use them on the SS.