Replacing Bumpers

I've put guards on repro bumpers, and the front fit well. The rear fit was good, but not quite as nice as on an original bumper. The curves aren't an exact match, but it can depend on the brand of bumper you're using. There's more than one manufacturer.

Dan

Thanks for that info Dan. I did not know there was more than one manufacturer, someone else on another post said they all came from the same place. Everything on my rear bumper fit just fine, I'm waiting on the front because the powder coater lost my hood latch support. Hopefully it will turn up.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting to hear from the supplier to what to do with this rear bumper.Had it past the return date.But checked it when i got it for dings and stuff but didn't think to check guard fit.Well maybe my error but sometimes you don't get to things fast enough to install so time get by

I know the front reproduction bumpers are made by at least 2 different companies. I've had both, but I've only bought 1 repro rear bumper, and I have no knowledge of more than 1 manufacturer for the rear. The guard fit on it is not perfect, but it's not real bad. I remember it came from Leo and I had to use a bottle jack to push one end out about a 1/2 inch to make it fit.

I prefer the AMD front bumper, but I don't remember the name of the other manufacturer, or who makes the rear.

Who made the rear bumper that you have?

Dan

These guards stay off the bumper about 1/4 inch just touch at the tip of the guards not in the middle.Have the org bumper and it lays perfect.guess I'll send it to another plater next week tired of waiting on an answer from vendor

• 4 weeks later...

I wrote some time back that the powder coaters lost a part, Leo came to my rescue and sent me a replacement. Got it back from the powder coaters today and started assembly. I still have some aligning to do on the front, but they are on for now. Also picked up a new grille from Leo so Monte is looking much better. Yes I get to drive Monte again. laugh

NewRBumper_zps8fec0ee7.jpg

NewFBumper_zpsc3749e9b.jpg

I took those pictures with my phone so not the best but good enough for now.

Forgiven this time lol The bumpers came out great!!

Looks great Patrick, you've done a lot since you joind us in November. Now you need to try to get that beauty to a western meet and show her off in person!!

Rob