My 70 monte project

V8Freak

Well now that I figured out how too post pictures I think I'm going too upload my progression over the past years of me picking away at this car.

Any advice along the way would be much appreciated

That's one awesome looking build Matt. We always say yes to more photos. smile You are doing some great work there and a very nice colour too by the way. Where in Ontario are you? I'm near Port Perry.

Cheers,

Larry

I stripped my 72 last year with a razor blade. Had it to bare metal in 20 hours. I did use the aircraft strippers on parts of the jambs and door edges and around the where truck seal goes. Paint peeled off very easily. It was an acrylic enamel with the good old factory paint under most of it.

I stripped my 72 last year with a razor blade. Had it to bare metal in 20 hours. I did use the aircraft strippers on parts of the jambs and door edges and around the where truck seal goes. Paint peeled off very easily. It was an acrylic enamel with the good old factory paint under most of it.

It worked good but my car had like 5 different paint jobs it got through the first few bit took a little elbow grease too get the rest

And this is where I am now

4E192AF9-D305-440F-AFDF-4B7446BA1EA5_zps

8409E724-1559-4BD1-BDDC-BF770BE3D00A_zps

436B9632-771B-4E6C-8987-D22FDB437D35_zps

39FC6DA3-5941-4693-BBC3-A1B8671F9972_zps

149F2714-BE9E-429D-B544-89EC686A0D2B_zps

3BACBCD2-DCEF-4FA7-888E-E5B05B61C69F_zps

85CF7FEB-C67E-4227-A905-AA34AA566117_zps

3F3215C8-0164-4832-82A7-B99403112567_zps

By the way anyone wanting too put headers on a 454 4 speed car took a few tries ordering headers nothing was working ended up with Hedman elite shorty headers part # 68618 tons of room no modifications at all

ED9F539F-CE5D-4AA8-B309-E494C89B2E3B_zps

Awesome job on the restoration. Can't wait to see the finished product. Of course I am a little biased as I have a Grey metallic 70 Monte also.

Great progress pictures. That brings back memories, some good and a lot bad! lol

Ya it's definately stressing me out seem like everything I do is one step forward and two steps back i think is how the saying goes lol

It took me a few years too decide a colour, was first thinking candys when I was younger but all of a sudden i started liking more of darker neutral colours. Wanted some type of grey but everything was either too dark or too silver then a 2013 silverado came in too get some work done and I was like that's the colour. It's like a gunmetal I guess. The black vinyl top I think will really set it off. The past two days I've spent really looking at it and I have a lot of money into the body. He got her nice and straight but for what I have into the body I definately had higher expectations especially after going through all the work of doing a body off so I'm kind of at a stand still at the moment until I figure this out. Kinda sucks I was pretty amped too get the vinyl top on and start getting her back together

It took me a few years too decide a colour, was first thinking candys when I was younger but all of a sudden i started liking more of darker neutral colours. Wanted some type of grey but everything was either too dark or too silver then a 2013 silverado came in too get some work done and I was like that's the colour. It's like a gunmetal I guess. The black vinyl top I think will really set it off. The past two days I've spent really looking at it and I have a lot of money into the body. He got her nice and straight but for what I have into the body I definately had higher expectations especially after going through all the work of doing a body off so I'm kind of at a stand still at the moment until I figure this out. Kinda sucks I was pretty amped too get the vinyl top on and start getting her back together

Mine is a gun metal gray metallic with a black vinyl roof and Flat black rallye stripes and it really does look good. If I ever win the lottery it will be the dark Chevelle blue with no vinyl top and white SS stripes

DSC00685_zps80028c1c.jpg

1388258607146_zps30a4670d.jpg

best pics I have of the paint. I will get better pics after winter is over.

Originally Posted By: lowryder

Mine is a gun metal gray metallic with a black vinyl roof and Flat black rallye stripes and it really does look good. If I ever win the lottery it will be the dark Chevelle blue with no vinyl top and white SS stripes

DSC00685_zps80028c1c.jpg

1388258607146_zps30a4670d.jpg

best pics I have of the paint. I will get better pics after winter is over.

Those stripes look good with the colour combo