72' Monte blower motor inop?

Ok, I will check taht too. I did pull some of the wiring, on passenger side at the top of the firewall, under the hood, above the A/C box, and it worked for a moment. There was a fusable link there and the wiring looked nasty. I am going there also and put new fusable link wire and see if that helps.

Hi Guys, Im pretty new here. My 72 monte W/A/C. Heater blower motor wont blow, does have power and motor is good. I was told that the 4 season relay is bad? Could this be true? Thanks..

The 4 seasons relay only controls the high speed setting on the blower. I agree with Sam sounds like a wiring issue.

Welcome aboard!

You have to remember this wiring is over 40 years old. Could be broken wires inside the insulation and can't be seen. Try to pinpoint the area before tearing it all out. Or you could use an Ohm meter after it's out.

Welcome aboard the boards, where in West Virginia are you located. I agree with trying to locate the problem wire ore wires . When you wiggle the wires you said iworked a little. If you wiggled them near a connector it could indicate a bad connection or some corrosion inside the connector and just require a good cleaning of the connection

rob

does any of the speeds work?

a 12 volt test light is my tool of choice will working on wiring, "HI" will run thru the relay, all other speeds run thru the resistor block that is mounted in the AC case

The best tool is a new style headlight bulb with jumper leads attached. A 194 bulb will light up with very minimal voltage. When you are dealing with possible corrosion or broken wire strands it's best to "put a load" on the wire. The headlight bulb will be dim if there is a problem in the wiring.

I have been burnt on this a couple times before. Have learned the hard way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...