pulling frame

monte0

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This gives you a little better idea as to how I did mine.

I screwed 2 2x4's together for both beams. I jacked the body up on the reinforcements underneath. I had to use blocks of wood to get the body high enough. I lifted the front some, then the back. Kept going back and forth to keep the body level. When I set the body down I put small pieces of wood on the reinforcements and set those onto the beams.

cc93c6a9-b70e-4af9-b08e-4172f5cb8cf9_zps

I added casters to the frame so I could roll it in and out of the garage.

IMG_0103.jpg

Just take your time and double check what you are doing.

So you had no issue's with the pinch welds getting damaged at all?

One of these mght fit LOL

Auto Rotisserie

SWEET! smile Same old problem though....$1700 buys a lot of Monte parts. Also, what do you do with the rotisserie when you are done the car? Maybe purchasing a good used one would be the way to go if you could find one.

Old frame is out and new one is ready, now if the weather will stop raining. And I did successfully get the frame out with the nose on still. Had to make it work since I'm seriously out of room in my garage...lol

Old frame is out and new one is ready, now if the weather will stop raining. And I did successfully get the frame out with the nose on still. Had to make it work since I'm seriously out of room in my garage...lol

You are braver than me with leaving the front clip on! lol

Congrats. Like Sam said, Pictures. It is not uncommon to see pictures of a Monte with the front clip removed and the body still on but can't say I have ever seen it in reverse.

Rob

On Long Island this is how we do a frame off.

- Alert the troops of the day (Usually 10 guys is fine)

- Purchase Donuts/Coffee or Case of beer depending on day/time

- Have car unbolted from chassis and set to go

- Wait for snowfall (happened for two of em)…… then shovel & salt driveway

- Five guys on each side and Steve (project manager LOL) with a bull horn! JK

- Prepare for sychnonized lifting (realize we forgot to take a prophylactic dose of Ibruprofen) …… and lift.

- We walk body off frame and set her down on a wooden dolly Steve has made out of 4x4's. He made dolly so 4x4's run exactly where chassis would set, with 4x4's running side-to-side to hold everything together. Like Scott he added wheels to the dolly so body can easily be rolled around. Make sure you secure them well. If you hit the lip of you driveway apron with all the weight of the body they can tear off easily and scare the s#@&! oughta you.

Dan

lol, I was nervous but it is doable as long as you pull most the weight off the nose. And the steel inner wheel wells help I'm sure with the strength.

Here's the pictures of my serious lack of room smile

WP_20140406_17_22_05_Pro_zps739032be.jpg

And the old frame

WP_20140406_17_22_31_Pro_zpsc495c11a.jpg

And new frame

WP_20140404_17_15_21_Pro_zpse4fd53d7.jpg

Hey off topic, any of you guys interested in the old frame? It's clean but has some damage to it, and that was the reason I changed it.

serious lack of room???? lol...I've been working on my car in a plastic portable garage shelter in my driveway through out the winter..and it was a cold one this year...wish I was as far ahead as you are...cheers

Ok, now that I'm into it this far I went even farther and started doing the floors too before the frame goes back in eek

Here's the progress, I only got to the rear hump at the rear end. Going to continue on tomorrow more

WP_20140411_16_27_40_Pro_zps82674233.jpg

WP_20140411_16_27_23_Pro_zpsb305e187.jpg

WP_20140411_16_27_33_Pro_zps1d8993ea.jpg