Klassic Keyless Power Seat Back Release Kit Intro

Klassic Keyless

After a year of on again, off again, R&D and testing, Klassic Keyless has completed our all new Strato Bucket power seat back release kit. Thanks to Dennis B. (MCfan) for all of his help in the development process, we are offering an introductory offer to the FGMCC of our new kit at a reduced price. This system works much the same as the ultra rare factory option that was available for the 70-72 Monte Carlos. We have, however, made a few improvements in ours over what Chevrolet offered. For those who are not familiar with this option, it consists of an electric solenoid mounted inside the '70-72 Strato Bucket seat back (the one with the release button in the center of the seat back) that presses the button for you when the door is opened, and releases it when the door is closed. This allows the driver or passenger to simply push the seat back forward allowing access to the back seat without having to press the button, yet retains the safety of the seat lock when the car is in motion. We have engineered our system with individual electronic pulse timers to allow the seat to release only when it's associated door is opened and only for 20 seconds to reduce the drain on the battery if the door is left open for an extended period of time. It has also been designed to tie into the existing dome light pin switches in the door jamb so it is not necessary to drill a second hole like the factory system has. Our kit comes complete with 2 actuators, 2 bell crank assemblies, 2 actuator rods, 2 pulse timers, fused wire harness, drill template for actuator mounting, hardware kit, and full color step by step instruction manual. We will be offering this kit to the FGMCC for $180 plus shipping until 5/31/14. Normal retail pricing will be $220 plus shipping, so if interested, give us a call at 402-502-6926 and say you saw it on FGMCC and we will be happy to give you the club rate. I will be posting the manual, photos, etc. here for more information. Until then, you can look at MCfan's photo journal here on this sight to get a peek at what all is involved in installing this system.

Tom, it's good to see the Klassic Keyless system finally on the market! Thanks for the special introductory offer for FGMCC members. Here's the Direct Link to the Klassic Keyless Power Seat Back Release installation photo journal I did last summer on my '70 SS.

To other FGMCC members:

Knowing the scarcity and high prices of used factory systems, I decided over a year ago to design and install my own power seat back release system. It worked great but my electrical circuit had a major exposure (leaving the door open for extended periods overheated the actuator).

About that time, I was installing Tom's Keyless door lock system and when I saw how carefully he designed and built his electrical systems, I decided to get his help. Tom was able to quickly simplify my design and provide a very safe circuit that eliminated the overheating exposure completely.

Last summer, I installed Tom's pre-production kit on my '70 SS in MN (hence the photo journal and direct link above). His color photo-illustrated instructions were easy to follow and the system works great.

Last week, I also retrofitted my original design, initially installed on my '70 4-speed in FL, with Tom's special actuators and circuit design. It also works great. BTW the pulse timers Tom provides are adjustable. They come set for 20 seconds which is very workable, but you can also reduce the door-open pulse time if you want. I am currently experimenting with 12 seconds on my FL car.

I am glad to see Tom make this useful kit available to other A Body owners and appreciate his special introductory offer to FGMCC members. If I can answer anyone's questions, please don't hesitate to post them or send me a PM. Thanks.

Carl, your kit will go out today. Bob, my Uncle has a 72 Eldorado with a bench seat that has this same option. He never realized that it was on his car until I told him about this kit that I was developing. I may be opening another can of worms for myself, but if there is some real interest there, I could put it on my R&D list for future development. It may take another year, but if you truly want one, I could see if I can make it happen.

Glad to see this has come to reality. I know when I was talking to Tom last Summer this was still in the R&D segment. Thanks Tom for making this rare option one that can easily be added to our cars and offering it at a great price. And thanks goes out to Dennis for inquiring about the system.