Fiber Optic WW power source.

Those of you that have the factory-installed Window Washer fluid monitor system in their Montes - could you tell me if the power lead is basically quick-spliced to the wiper motor (as shown in the factory assembly manual), or is the power wire run to the fuse block inside the car?

The use of a quick-splice connector seems kinda strange to me for a factory-installed system.

Hey Bob, even though I dont have this option yet and I have also seen this option both in the Shop Manual and also on a couple of cars they were all Spliced in using the Blue Fold over Clip. GM did use them and that is an option but used an accessory supply of power rather than direct power and simply piggy backed the option it was designed for which is as you mentioned the Winshield Wipers. My Electro Tip Wipers that retain the same place as the Cruise Control Lever is actually Hardwired into the Wiper Motor Plug. Hope that helps ? If I am wrong please correct me anyone.

Darren.

quick_splice_zps11f42b5e.jpgLEDsplicer_zps239466f6.jpg

Our SS has this option and it still has the blue splice next to the wiper motor that was installed at the factory. It seems odd, but that's the way they did them.

Dan

Thanks for the photo, Aaron. It seemed odd to me the factory would do it that way, but obviously they did.

Thanks guys for confirming the correct way to connect the power lead.