rear glass reinstall

Hi all, I removed the rear glass on my 70 to repair some rust. I am curious on what adhesive to use when I reinstall it? Butyl tape, adhesive from a tube? Also, any tricks on how to make sure I don't have any leaks would be appreciated. Lastly, I'll be using molding clip screws to replace the factory rivets which held the original molding clips. Any hints with that?

Thanks!

I had same issue some years back. I had a body guy make the repairs however. He welded in new rivets for clips and had a glass guy reinstall glass. The butyl tape as explained to me was a big part of the rust issue as it degrades over time letting moisture into window channel. Urethane (newer technology) window sealing process was used in place of the butyl tape. When front glass was replaced, urethane also used to reseal.

I cant offer any further ideas but would be cautious as you don't want to have to make same repair again down the road.

Someone may be able to chime in that made similar repair using similar process as yours.

Good luck with this project.

Doug