better launch traction

Nice run! I used to run a 12.5@109 on my street tires, not to far off what you were starting with. And definitely run a loop if you run slicks of any sort. It's that much more stress on your drivetrain

Thanks guys!! I am in the process of raising my shift points 400 rpm (was being conservative and shifting at 5900) to 6300 and installed a window switch for the nos instead of manually working the switch, and going from 3.73 to 4.11. Hoping for mid to low 11s.... also new Hooker maximum flow mufflers.

Update: at the track last night, it was racing, no testing. Let me tell you, the red light on the tree is the brightest thing you will ever see in your life if it comes on in the first round at your first race...

During time runs, I took your advise Mike, (thanks again) and pulled off 3 consistent 12.04 runs at 114 mph. Would have liked to move the window switch down another 100-200 but didn't want to change things on the car. I did take .050 off of my 60 ft. The air was terrible- 70 and VERY humid.

I did go home with all straight sheet metal and no broken parts. Also got a lot of attention for a small block moving that heavy car along so well. Didn't get the 11 slip but I will next time. I'm so close.

Thanks again guy for your advise and help!!!

• 1 month later...

WTG Jason!!!!!!  :yay: Welcome to the 11's. You made great progress in a short time. That is a bad s/b you have!!!! Now it will snowball from here. You will always be looking to go faster.

Congrats again!!

David

• 4 weeks later...