What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Robert did you put a sealer down before painting the color? On my 72 we sealed the whole car then proceeded with the painting. The sealer is supposed to keep anything form bleeding thru. The steps we took were sealed the whole car with anti rust sealant, body work, primer several coats and sanding between coats, a white sealer because of the color of red I was using, the color coat and then the clear and we had no problems. But mine was not a pearl or metallic color coat. 

• 2 weeks later...

Let's take it apart again, shall we??

:rofl: :rofl:

I came to the realization that simply swapping two pairs of injectors and coils from one side to the other to accommodate the big block firing order, the LS computer doesn't know that and will perform bank-to bank adjustments depending on the o2 sensor readings. Staying like this and the o2 sensors will dictate changes to two cylinders on each side. It'll never tune. While Fitech EFI makes a nice product at a good price, I'm asking it to do something it wasn't designed to do and they won't create a special program just for me.

I'm ordering a custom camshaft with the LS1 firing order.

Using a two piece timing cover was the smartest thing I EVER did.

post-201-0-71539100-1528603219_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Finished up the wax job on the 72 the last two days. I have not felt up to completing the job but with being down for the next 6 ti 8 weeks I thought it might be a good idea to finish it up. It sure is standing tall but I was one tired dude last night. Went to bed around 10PM  after taking naps all afternoon and evening.

I took the interior out and installed Fat Mat down on the floor and also upgraded the seat belts to the modern Morris shoulder belts.

35389234_1740287899394447_32012173410817

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was asked to put my Monte in a community parade to kick off that community volunteer fire department yearly fund raiser and community 4th of July week long celebrations.

Rob

IMG_20180630_164108343.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Working on fixing my wipers on the 71 before the Western Meet. It does not look like there's any rain in the forecast but need to be prepared.

New Ultra-Dyne LS firing order cam is in, valves are adjusted, everything assembled and I finally get to see my modified serpentine system with the idler pulley I added.

I'm firing it tomorrow!

post-201-0-96771100-1533173677_thumb.jpg

Got mine running after 4 years. Now I just need to do some tuning.

Thune it quick and drive it to the Western Meet later this week in Oregon!!

rob

• Like 1

Finally got around to installing the 4 Speed :shifter:  in my silver SS454. 

Since this car was not a numbers matching motor or transmission and I do not have a build sheet, I decided to just make this a "fun" car and let the other ones be the "correct" show pieces. 

Still got a couple more things to do for the 4 speed to be totally correct but it is drivable  and a total blast to drive!! :yay:  :yay: 

post-4732-0-00178400-1533671479_thumb.jpg

post-4732-0-98379500-1533671491_thumb.jpg

post-4732-0-92238100-1533671503_thumb.jpg

post-4732-0-25536600-1533671515_thumb.jpg

• Like 4