What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Very sad to see the pic of your ride heading down the road Dave but on a brighter note I think we may have proof that Sasquatch may exist in the mountains of Virginia lol

Went to a local car show and got a top 40. At least 181 cars there so that made Glendia feel real good and she had the biggest smile on her face as SHE accepted the plaque(license plate). Went to a participant voting show yesterday and as usual at one of those we got zilch. I like the point based judging much better around here as I usually do well at those shows. Participant judging at our meets is totally different than most shows as we know what to look for and appreciate the Monte to the fullest extant.

Congratulation, Larry, that's way cool! Funny thing about shows - you often place when you least expect to and don't when you feel like you should have a chance.

Last winter, I entered a big show in Florida where three teams of judges put colored dot stickers on the entry form on the windshield after scoring - but not on my Monte. They were getting ready to announce the winners when I asked why my entry had been skipped. No explanation offered ... talk about rejection ...

Yeah, just teared up reading my post to my wife. - Dave

I'll bet you did Dave. Many of us have followed the progress of that car over the years. Seeing it heading in the wrong direction like that had to be very hard. Hopefully you will still be a regular around here and the Eastern meets. Since you may not have a car at the EM you could help detail mine. smilewink

Rob

Dave, She's going to a good home, will be well taken care of, and will see plenty of car show activity with us on Long Island. She will be under the watchful eyes of the Soprano's. You also just brought in another member to the First Generation Monte Carlo Club without even trying. Monte or no Monte, your always with us.

Sorry to see it go Dave maybe new owner will bring it to Carlisle next year and we can all see it again.

I took mine in for state inspection Sat. the guy wouldnt pass it because of a small power steering leak so I have the pump off and all apart waiting for a seal kit to come tomorrow in the mean time I cleaned up and painted the housing and brackets and pully, It looks new now.

Yesterday we got the front calipers and lines on and even got the front coils in the right spot. Tonight we installed the rear Wilwood 4 piston disc brakes, they look sweet on the rear probably look better with the wheel on.

Dave if you need the need to drive a Monte I'll have one you can drive.

I went to and met Leo's house of incredible stock and picked up a taillight panel and a bumper mount assembly to install a 1 piece trunk..NOW I can begin again!!!

Took Monte in for a tranny rebuild, and the snowball started rolling. I oil pan had a bold missing I thought, but it was snapped off inside, fixed it. Rear diff. cover also had a missing bolt, but no, broken off too, fixed it. oil all over the rear brakes, had the rear bearings replaced not to long ago, but the axels were bad so new rear axels too. When the pan was off we found it filled with little bits of plastic pieces, yup, the coating on the original timing gears, so, new timing gears and since we were there, new oil pump and water pump. Got Monte rolling again and what a difference.

I now have passing gear, the shifts are crisp and smooth. Monte is riding like he should once again. I'm really glad I did not try to go to the Western Meet like I wanted to, I would have been stranded somewhere on I5 for sure. Next year! I hope.

I washed the car today. Well, it may sound funny but this is the first time since July of 2010. About 49 months ago. It just sits covered up... allot!

Any whoo, while I was washing the front grill ECT. I noticed the front turn signals were about half full of soapy water. What the heck! This never happened before. Well, I guess I'll have to change the lens seals before I start having electrical issues.

Hello Joerg,

I was noticing that your taillights are somewhat differently wired. Is that because you made them that way or is that an European thing? confused

Drove about an hour to a car show just south of Ft Wayne IN this morning. NO award but did win $278/139 yay 50/50 drawing which is better than a trophy we have to dust.