What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

It is difficult to find the right colours for a sandalwood interior (dash, carpet, etc). Not to mention the fact that the sandalwood has different undertones in 1970 than 1971. My 70 has sandalwood interior.

Got a few things done today some on the 72 and some on the El Camino like putting the new door panels on with the power window switches https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/h...b03552907816207 And then the Monte got a coat of black paint on the firewall https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...amp;oe=54CC9C9C

Took it out to a car cruise last evening. Felt good cruising with the cooler temps. And ran it to the beer store today. A couple guys were checking it out and I told them it wasn't my grocery getter it was my beer runner! lol

Makes total sense to me. Getting beer is a perfect justification of firing up the Monte. But groceries on the other hand? Absolutely not! smile

Originally Posted By: footballubet
Took it out to a car cruise last evening. Felt good cruising with the cooler temps. And ran it to the beer store today. A couple guys were checking it out and I told them it wasn't my grocery getter it was my beer runner! lol

Makes total sense to me. Getting beer is a perfect justification of firing up the Monte. But groceries on the other hand? Absolutely not! smile

And no shopping carts at the beer store!

Got my bumper brackets and steering column collar back from the powder coating place today. Assembled the column. Just need the sponge seal to install it... WOOT! Also my aluminum water neck arrived from Summit today.. the goodies keep rolling it! I still have a long way to go but it is still on schedule.

Went to a car show yesterday and took it out on a cruise this past Sunday...electrical gremlins had the car sitting for a month prior to that... frown

I finally found a mouse nest hidden on top of my Painless Wiring System way under my dash. Mouse pee caused all sorts of problems with my circuits...got real crazy when I was checking circuits and they all read 12 volts but it took a while for me to finally test the circuits with a load on them and find out the voltage drop down to 1.5 volts on some of them (initially this had me chasing what I thought was a problem with my ignition system)... crazy The fuse connections were so badly corroded.

Went to a car show yesterday and took it out on a cruise this past Sunday...electrical gremlins had the car sitting for a month prior to that... frown

I finally found a mouse nest hidden on top of my Painless Wiring System way under my dash. Mouse pee caused all sorts of problems with my circuits...got real crazy when I was checking circuits and they all read 12 volts but it took a while for me to finally test the circuits with a load on them and find out the voltage drop down to 1.5 volts on some of them (initially this had me chasing what I thought was a problem with my ignition system)... crazy The fuse connections were so badly corroded.

Bill, That's why when I check circuits I use a new style headlight bulb to put a good draw on the system. I watched the service manager fight a high resistance in a circuit for over 6 hours because he wouldn't listen to me. He kept telling me he had 12v. I just watched and snickered when he finally found it.

I had Monte professionally detailed, it took three days and Monte looks amazing. All I have is phone pics, but I will take some better ones soon. Cruised around with my son and received lots of smiles and stares. Lots of fun!

WP_20140919_16_33_14_Pro_zpsc32d435b.jpg

WP_20140919_17_02_58_Pro_zps75da053f.jpg

WP_20140919_20_38_29_Pro_zps8d6a4deb.jpg

Monte has been out all week, I dropped it at a friends shop Monday evening for him to install a 3.08 posi got from my good friend Terry (70iron) and some tubular upper and lower control,arms from another great member here Dave (72mc).

The rear gears made a slightly noticeable difference off the line, posi made a huge difference in the traction of my car. It's no speed demon, but it does hook up and go pretty good!

The control arms and everything done in the rear now makes me wish I'd have not gone stock on my suspension rebuild years ago, but it looks like I'll have a new project in the future with tubular front end stuff, maybe some tighter shocks and things to stiffen up the front end now.

My friend that installed everything commented on how great the car runs, and rides down the road. It really is the best riding older car I've ever owned!

So after I got the car back I've driven it every day this week, and it will be used all weekend too. Weather is great here,

I have to say again what a great group of people I've met through this site, a bunch of which I'm proud to call my friends! Thanks fgmcc! grin

• Like 1

Installed the steering column. Still need to hook up and adjust the ignition switch but the hard part is done. Too bad when it is all together you wont be able to see it but the column itself has been powder coated gloss black... Ill be posting pics on my photobucket later this weekend.

Thats Great Tony yay Sounds like you have a head start on the winter projects.

You need to erease that single tire burnout in your driveway and in front of the house and lay down some posi burn outs just to show the neighbors lol Is it true that Ali got to do the first posi power launch kicking

Terry

Had her in a car show today. About 700 cars there today. The morning was looking like rain but the day stayed dry. smile My Brother-in-law Derek is here for the weekend from Myrtle Beach. He really knows cars, old and new, and has always been a car guy but currently doesn't have a classic. He has a tricked out daily driver though and is more in to enjoying his Chaparral cabin cruiser these days. Today's car show was open to all years so he was able to enter his. Here's a photo of our cars side by side. smile

OurRides_zps3afe0c9d.jpg