What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

We throw some primer on the driver's side primer_zpsb57372f6.jpg Then throw some color on that I've been playing with on painting the 72 color_zpsb12351a7.jpg Been trying to keep moving while we figure out what to do with motor photo_22_zps494366b2.jpg which we have removed the piston only had a few not marked which we marked and we even took a look at the mains and found a piece of metal in the front main cap.

Congrats Tony, on finally getting the rear and control arms installed. I'm glad your enjoying your Monte and "new" parts. Leave a set of "stripes" in front of the house so the neighbors know you installed them. Enjoy your upgrades. Regards to Ali and the kids.

Went out and took some photos with a real camera. What a joy to find that the cat had slept on the car last night. She's a sneaky one, but I can't fault her on her taste in cars.

Monte_zps0a335c69.jpg

Monte10_zps186607c0.jpg

Monte08_zps6ca53b52.jpg

Monte07_zpscb689d85.jpg

Monte02_zps95686b69.jpg

Monte05_zps6602ca2a.jpg

I want to thank Leo Konik for all of his help and counsel to get Monte to this point. Also all of the encouragement that I have received from everyone in this club, it truly is an amazing group of people. I'm just going to enjoy Monte now, everything is working and looks good enough for this old guy. I wish we were all closer so we could do the cars and coffee thing together and share our stories. I'm new to the club and hope to get to some of the meets in the future, I would love to get to the West and East just to meet everyone.

I'm going on a missions trip in two weeks to Europe and the Middle East so your prayers are coveted, things are really out of control over there.

Great pics Patrick! It's a terrific feeling when you can take your car out after all the work you have done and get positive acknowledgement on what you have accomplished.

Be careful in the Middle East, it's no joke over there. It makes no difference of your intentions to them, if you are American that's all that matters.

Mike

Patrick, your car looks absolutely beautiful. smile

As Mike said, please be careful over there as it is the armpit of the world. Common sense and human rights do not exist there and the value of human life is peanuts regardless of where you are from. I'm sure that you already know this better than I. Go in with your eyes wide open and keep safety as #1 priority the whole time there. You are a great member of this club and we want you home safe and sound.

Cheers,

Larry

Patrick, the car looks fantastic but more importantly be careful in your travels, some areas don't have the same respect for other peoples life and religious beliefs as us. Stay safe.

Rob

Patrick the car looks great, now on your trip PLEASE be carefull over there we've grown very fond of you here and very much enjoy hearing from you. Your kind words have helped me and i'm pretty sure a lot of us here. Please be carefull my friend!!!

Pat have a safe trip , thanks for the kind words , helping you get your car done was and is a pleasure , you keep me going and good customers always become great friends , real bonus for sure

Leo

Thanks everyone, I've been in countries when civil wars broke out, I've been is some scary places, but the Lord has always seen me through. The most dangerous part of the trip will most likely be the drive to LAX from Paso Robles.

It will be my first trip to Greece, my mother's family is from Greece so I've always wanted to go there, I lost my mom to cancer this year and wanted to go there in her memory. The other place I'm going is a closed country so I won't post it online. I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

You will love Greece. It is a beautiful country with a rich history. I have been lucky enough to visit on several occasions and put it near the top of the list for must-see countries. I suspect you are not going for fun and sightseeing though but you should still enjoy it very much.

Otherwise be careful. Americans are generally not well liked abroad.

You will love Greece. It is a beautiful country with a rich history. I have been lucky enough to visit on several occasions and put it near the top of the list for must-see countries. I suspect you are not going for fun and sightseeing though but you should still enjoy it very much.

Otherwise be careful. Americans are generally not well liked abroad.

Thanks, I will have two days for sight seeing and plan to use them well. Growing up my Yiayia (grandma) did not speak English so I learned a little Greek, but haven't used it for almost 40 years. I hope to see some sights preach a sermon or two and then on to the hot spot. I've been doing this for nearly 30 years and love it. 30 years ago when I travelled and told the good folks I was from California they all loved it, now not so much. Again thanks for the prayers and thoughts.

Was going to do some waxing but the dampness settled in and the car didn't really need it much anyway. So instead, I treated the old girl to some fresh spark plugs. The A/C compressor made the working conditions a little tight but I just took my time and all went well. smile

The sway bar and control arms look great Patrick....well done! Finished? You never want to be completely finished. Adding, changing and improving are part of the fun. Driving it and showing it are the rest of the fun. The best part of an outing is not the destination...it's getting there. smile

The sway bar and control arms look great Patrick....well done! Finished? You never want to be completely finished. Adding, changing and improving are part of the fun. Driving it and showing it are the rest of the fun. The best part of an outing is not the destination...it's getting there. smile

Well said Larry

Picked up an awesome Knight at the flea market today. cool He is about 5 feet tall, and is all homemade. Has a Honda Catalytic converter sticker on the underside of stand. lol I asked Joe aka; TOPPLESS72 to put some pictures on here for me. Figured he would be great for club meets, etc. smile