What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Thanks Rob!

I'm at a loss to explain why that one seat belt is so short, it's the same length as the other two. :wacko:

And I just can't get the rear seat bottom to fully get into the retaining slots. They're in but they won't go further down then slide forward. :doh:  This makes the seat sit a little high. There's GOT to be a tool that does this.

Paul,

I don't know of any tool to do this with.  I know it is hard to not only get the seats out but also very hard to get them in, especially for a tonage impaired person like me to fit between the front and rear seats.  You have to move the front seat/seats as far forward as you can and use the front seat back as leverage to push with the palm of your hand or your foot and push it at the bottom spring wire brace to the back and downward to snap it into position.  

I can't tell you how many times I have bruised the heel of my hand trying to pound a seat bottom into place.

rob

I got finally got the original intake back on, rebuilt carb back on, new belts, hoses and tune up. Fired it back up and got the timing right, I was feeling good about how the car was running. After I was done I decided to check behind the intake for leaks and surprise surprise, I have a small oil leak!!! I started taking everything back off the intake. Live and learn I guess.....

• Like 1

I sit on the door jam with my back to the front post wrap a towel around my shoe and push on the front of the seat to get it to latch properly. Same procedure to remove it.

• Like 1

My precious and beloved high end cutting edge and very expensive (for 1988!) Sony CD receiver will not play CD's anymore. I'd say it hasn't been powered up in 20+ years.

It'll be replaced with a far more capable Nakamichi CD receiver that I found for $47 a Walmart!

PS: I found my Rolling Stones Some Girls disc!!

post-201-0-39734100-1517889807_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just started tearing the new car apart.

Look great Keith. What big block is that? Keep the pics coming!

Preserve the "elephant ears" (the big rubber flaps in front of the door hinges). They ONLY came on Monte Carlos. They reduce wind noise.

Installed my LED Tail Lights today and after rotating one of the 3 wire sockets 180 degrees, they worked!  Stopped there until I got a lighter to finish the shrink tubing.  I'll do that tomorrow and install the tail lamp housing & lens.  Double check it and then move on to the next project (yet determined).  ;) 

Doug 

• Like 1