What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

• 1 month later...

I fired up both Montes this weekend and moved them on the driveway. There’s still too much sand and gravel on the roads at the moment to take them out. That was the first move for the 70 Monte since installing the new booster and master cylinder.

Dusted the 72 off today. Me thinks it needed it badly. I did not close the sliding door between the wood shop and garage, got lazy and did not slide it each time I went out to work on the beginning of December. Now I need to open the hood and clean the engine bay.  I did roll up the windows so the interior is rather clean. Need to get the new wind-laces put in I purchased from Mike Brichta. The ones now in the car were sandlewood  dyed black and were not the best looking quality I wanted for my beauty. He is quite the stud even if I have to say so myownself. 😊😊

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1129.JPG

Went to a local indoor car show today, the first one of the season. Its pretty small maybe a hundred cars a lot of trailer queens but some nice cars. Went down put charger on my Monte although it did turn over without it. after charging it for a couple hours went back and it fired right up. Still way to much salt on roads and it did snow last night too. Got a couple projects to get done but going to have to wait until I get back from Florida and recover a little more from this surgery. Hurry up spring and summer.

• Like 1

I am trying to figure out how to put up pics. I think I have it, but I am trying to get that last posts pic as my signature and I cant figure it out. My son was here and posted something on another tread. I don't know its all gibberish to me.

Anyway yes Rob that last post is where I am at now, I started to clean the inner fenders today but sidetrackedIMG_1005.JPG.1993b4668d35c018396ced9b9b96efab.JPG with the grandkids. lol 

This is what I did last week, I had to take the tunnel from IMG_1006.JPG.d6c0d1724e8df5fcbb048f73ce76f682.JPGthe parts car and put it on the bb shroud. It was 2 different shades of black so I cleaned and scraped and then cleaned some more.

Now I have the problem of cleaning the nos inner fenderwells or just putting on the new ones from the parts place.

IMG_1008.JPG.0bb814a53492b98e5fd122f4e56dd421.JPGWhat do you guys think????

• Like 1

Willie,

I think the NOS inner fenders will fit a little better and would be tempted to clean them up and install them.  My only concern is if over the years that maybe the plastic may have become brittle.  If they have been stored in proper climate controlled conditions they may be OK and not brittle.

The Tunnel looks very nice.  It is hard to see the color difference in your pictures.  That in mind I might consider installing it as is..

Last but not least..... Grandkids tend to hold a trump card over our beloved Monte's

rob

Willie,

I think the NOS inner fenders will fit a little better and would be tempted to clean them up and install them.  My only concern is if over the years that maybe the plastic may have become brittle.  If they have been stored in proper climate controlled conditions they may be OK and not brittle.

The Tunnel looks very nice.  It is hard to see the color difference in your pictures.  That in mind I might consider installing it as is..

Last but not least..... Grandkids tend to hold a trump card over our beloved Monte's

rob

Willie, I had to replace mine with new inner fenders from the parts place because the originals we cracked. I would be tempted to use the nos first. If they ever crack you can always use the parts place replacements.  Just my opinion..... You can ship the nos ones to me if you want.... Your Monte is looking good.

1493469569_IMG_0999(2).JPG.e45202ca25d53bd94f8f73ebb2363373.JPGThanks IMG_1006.JPG.7b57f94bc239284848364b4bd3904921.JPGGuys, a pic of the underside.   And the pic of the work I am in for. I decided to use the NOS inner fenders but as you can see I have to sand them down a lot to get the scratches out and then paint them (something I really didn't want to do).

• Like 2

Thanks and yes it is Tom, It fit fine no problems at all with the system, however not happy with the rear hangers (alittle to short so they tend to bring the tailpipe up higher and that makes the tailpipe touch the frame).  Right now I am leaving it this way until I get the rear bumper on then I can adjust it, or get a different set of hangers.

Yes another line (of many) crossed off. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, so what do IMG_1021.JPG.b4dae72a0568bd9a0517c8ad0300ca7a.JPGthink.IMG_1008.JPG.1b210535cf3f96a0d781b06c530f2466.JPGI don't know how I got the 2 pics backwards but here they are.  Second pic is the original pic I showed already. Has the NOS on left and the new parts place on the right. The first pic shows both NOS after I cleaned and sanded and cleaned and sanded again. I couldn't get them the way I wanted, and didn't want to paint them so I just cleared them but I am happy the way they are know.    

Now I have to put the flaps on with the staples, anyone know how many staples they used per side?