What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

My much ballyhooed Chevrolet 077 L88/ZL1 Winters Foundry Snowflake heads. Washed, glass beaded, guides checked, new seals, springs blueprinted, titanium retainers, John Lingenfelter ported, they plus the Dart intake go on Ebay tonight. They should get enough to fund most of my rebuild.

1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got to use my quick-jack yesterday for replacing my starter. Very pleased with that purchase 😁 And a little lesson learned on the stater replacement, make sure you verify weather you have a straight or staggered bolt pattern. I had the staggered so I went with the power master starter, easy peasy 20 minutes. And what a pleasure it was just pushing the up or down button on the jack instead of hauling around the floor jack 

im a newbie here but i have this 70 and i really want to sell it because the last thing i need is another project. My garage is full currently housing my 71 monte the 66 mustang  i built for my wife  a 79 C25 and a 76 K25, the latter two of which are just about done, the  monte and mustang are done, but this 70 was almost dumped in my lap for nothing and i  enjoy fooling around with cars whenever i can so  today i was working on the  drivers floor patching holes tomorrow i promised id take the wife shopping but she doesnt know  part of the shopping is for Monte parts so Sunday im hoping to tackle the other side

20191115_151653.jpg

And so it begins 😆 Ordered the Crate engine and started dis-assembly this afternoon. And yes I get a little crazy with tagging everything and colored tape and bag and tag all the bolts and parts. 🤣 Hope to drain and remove the radiator tomorrow so I can move the a/c stuff out of the way and finish with the D/S exhaust manifold removal. So ive added a before shot and todays accomplishment shot. 

Before.jpg

Day1.jpg

• Like 2