2015 Western Meet - Penticton, BC, Canada

Canuck

By the way, this is one of the places we'll be visiting on the Thursday cruise in Summerland:

Heavens-Gate-Winery-3-960x480.jpg

You never know Doug. There's another 12 members who also are interested in coming but have not been able to commit just yet so we could hit 30 if things line up right. As it is now we have a total group of about 40 people and 22 cars. It's going to be a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

3 months to go!

I was talking with the event organizers yesterday and registrations are up significantly. They already have about 400 cars registered and the limit for the show is 700 cars. If you have not registered yet I recommend doing so.

Also, book your hotel ASAP if you have not done so yet.

Never asked any of you this before... but are there any other Members that Play Tennis that'd be going?

Looks like there are some nice courts nearby, and it'd be great to sneak away for an hour one day and have a match / burn off some of the beer.

If so -- hit me up and I'll bring my Racquet

• 4 weeks later...

10 weeks to go!

That's a great way to strike fear into the heart of a member!     :unsure: 

I'm burning the midnight oil, chipping away at this giant snowball to be able to make the meet...   The engine has been reduced to just a half-empty short-block;  the aftermarket A/C is 75% installed, the side glass is removed, and the interior is gutted.

The posi carrier is disassembled and the brakes are in mid-transition to disc;  the sheet-metal and bumper are off of the front end in anticipation of their replacements and the rear bumper is sitting in the box awaiting a second set of hands to help it get installed. 

I finished redesigning the 20" bucket brackets yesterday out of 1/4 x 2" stock and polyurethane bushings that tilt the seats back 3",  move the seats 4" rearward, and raise the front of the seat 1". (I'm a pretty tall guy) using the existing mounting points: then I installed new foam padding in the driver's seat, finishing at 2:30 this morning.   (Thank goodness Home Depot is just three blocks from my house!  If I'm even able to push the car into the trailer to get her there, you'll see my tribute to the Depot...  the poor car is closing in on having more parts on board from the hardware store than from GM!)

Doug

Our first unofficial FGMCC meet in Penticton in June 2005. We had 4 members.

05pcbc120.jpg

The following year we had an official Western Meet there with 10 members

IMG_0339.JPG

In 2008 we had another unofficial meet there with 12 members

gallery_588_78_1413157504_2495.jpg

Another unofficial meet in Penticton in 2012 with 11 members

gallery_588_137_1413157593_4224.jpg

2015 we expect roughly 25 members for the largest Western Meet we've ever had in any location. SEE YOU THERE!

• Like 1

What is with all of these UNOFFICIAL meets.  I never knew they were not official.  Does that mean that this year is not officially number twelve?

Just kidding, Aaron, thanks for all of the work you do to make the Official Western Meets such a success.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

7 weeks to go!!!!

As of now we have 27 members coming and a total of 24 cars. Woo Hoo!!!

7 weeks to go!!!!

Thanks Aaron...  the excitement is building,  as we get closer.   Doug 

I have updated the hotel info to include a second option since the first hotel is now full.

Due to the size of the group we are no longer having a BBQ at my house. I will arrange for a dinner at a local restaurant.