2015 Western Meet - Penticton, BC, Canada

Canuck

I've been working on my car getting it ready for the meet... Changed the oil and installed new brake pads. See the photos below.

010.JPG

006.JPG

Aaron,  you seem to be really good with putting a bunch of pieces together to get something to look like a car...   and that's just what I'm in need of right now.   My '72 is still in about a hundred pieces!   It's 4:45a.m. and I just came in from the garage and am finally calling it a night... 

How about I buy you a ticket to fly down here to California and you can put your skills to good use for the next five days.   LOL!!!

In all seriousness,  the shop has just informed me that they won't be able to complete my ring and pinion swap in a single sitting, as they are up to their necks with on-going projects.  Losing that second day is really going to hamper my finishing in time to make it to the border by Wednesday night.  I may need to bow out of the Thursday cruise to be able to have a driving vehicle at the balance of the meet.                                  

Doug

Still no rain in the forecast but it keeps getting warmer. Now expected to be 29-31C (84-88F).

Thanks Vaughn; and likewise!  I just came into the house to check on parts availability, and saw your post.  I can only hope against hope to get her put together in time.   Until then...

Doug

Ouch! :B  Hope the Motel has AC! :crazy:  We will muddle through somehow. :cool:  Slight change of plans as we will now leave on Tuesday to start our journey North.  Will spend night somewhere in Washington and finish Wednesday in Summerland.  Decided to relax and enjoy the travel this year. :)

See ya all there.....................

Doug

Arrived in Kelowna yesterday after a 12 hr of flying my holidays just begin, staying in Oyama. Looking forward to the car show and that is warm Im not use to that.

Leo

Hey Aaron,

Looked up a satellite view for the area our cars will be shown in.  Wont let me zoom in close enough for a good view of terrain.  Are you aware of any shade trees in this area or are we in the open?

And what's with the secrecy?  What are you guys hiding up there that prevents a closer look at the landscape in satellite view eh?   :B

Also, as the show looks to stretch out a good mile long, is there a bus(s) designated that you can take say to one end, walk half way thru and catch the bus back just to cool your heels  for awhile, and possibly repeat later for the final half of car show?

Just trying to develop a strategy for my Dad to get in all he wants without tiring out to soon and hopefully manage the heat. :)

Doug

For those of you South of the border, here's something your car will look forward to when you cross the border. 94 octane with no ethanol available at every Chevron station.

008.JPG

We will be parked on the grass in one of the parks. We will have a tree as well as some ez-up canopies for shade. As for the show. I can walk the length a quick pace in under 10 minutes. If you are inspecting each car it will take some time though as it is about a mile long.

Will be leaving Portland around 1:00 or 2:00 PM tomorrow, lay over in Ellensburg, Wa. that night and complete trip to Summerland sometime Wednesday afternoon (baring any problems) :no  Going to relax on this drive this year and enjoy the scenery. :cool: 

Hope all have a GREAT trip and will see you all there. :)  Oh yeah, remember to bring plenty of sun screen because "it needs to rub the lotion on the skin" :k...................

Doug

Hey Doug, when in Ellensburg, be sure to check out the Red Horse Diner. We had dinner there on the way to last year's meet.

Okay, will do Aaron.  I'm going to look for that old gas station too where you had your photo taken at a few years back.  I liked that pic. ;)

Doug

Red Horse Diner is the place where that old gas station was.

Just did a map search Aaron.  It is just down the street from a Motel room I reserved for the night.  How convenient that was!  What do you recommend?

Doug

Nothing in particular. It was just a neat place. Typical burger and fries kind of place as far as the food goes.