help dash wont come out

looked around on a few forums and still cant find something to help me. i have unscrewd all the screws drop the steering column, and took off the dash pad (not in that order)but the driver side is some how still not coming off what am i missing im trying not to tear any thing up. can someone help me!

If you are trying to remove the dash cluster, here are the steps that I use:

Disconnect the positive terminal of the battery.

Remove the screw and knob that holds the clock adjuster to the stem of the clock.

Remove the dash pad.

Remove the left speaker if you have a stereo dash pad.

Remove the underside of the steering wheel pieces.

Drop the steering column. Will have to remove the shift indicator screw.

Remove the headlight knob/shaft from the headlight switch.

Remove the threaded nut that holds the headlight switch to the cluster.

Remove two bolts that hold dash to firewall. One is on left corner of dash. Other is

in the middle of the dash by the windshield. This will give you some clearance.

Remove the two plastic tabs that hold the dash wiring harness to the cluster (at the top).

Unplug the dash wiring harness plug from the cluster that goes into the printed circuit.

Unplug the wire that attaches to the clock.

Disconnect the speedometer cable from the back of the speedometer.

Remove the 7 screws that hold the cluster to the dash. There will be three across the

top, one on each side and two on the bottom on each side of the steering column.

They are ¼” screws.

While pulling the dash forward for clearance, work the cluster out of the top of the dash.

Be careful not to scuff the front of the cluster.

Hope that helps,

Mike

DASH REMOVAL I can take a few pictures of what to expect from my 70 Monte thats apart now. If above somehow doesn't get it for you....but Mike has it down pretty good. Email me if need pics jlechtenberg@cox.net

Good luck, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

It might sound silly but the first time I pulled a dash I forgot to take the clip off the park brake rod and my dash hung up.based on the fact i was trying to balance everything it was harder to figure out than it seems.