New Format Help

MGD72Monte

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I've been away for a bit and am totally confused with the new site format.  It's a bit like coming back home from a trip and somebody has rearrange the house completely, thrown out most of my stuff and even moved some walls around. :huh:

1.  Is there a way to set my preferrances so that things look like they did before?

2.  Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to get some of the previous features.  Active topics?  My watched topics?  How do I get to my albums it says there are none? :wacko:

• Like 1

Thanks, it feels better to know I'm not the only one confused.  I'm like a fish out of water, floundering to find my way around.

I found some of my photos but when I click on them I get "Sorry, you don’t have permission to see that." and "Sorry, but that does not appear to be a valid image. If you arrived at this screen by following a link on this site, please notify a system administrator".

I can't find my albums.  Found someone else's albums and when I click on them I sometimes get a dead end / white page with errors such as:

http://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/gallery/category/1-members-albums-category/
/forums/index.php?/gallery/album/146-1965-gto/
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Maybe someone is testing a new site format.  Maybe there's a push to weed out people who are not computer savvy like me   :eek:

Hope this helps to answer your questions:

1.  Is there a way to set my preferrances so that things look like they did before?

At the bottom of the page is a phrase "Change Theme", Click on that and select FGMCC Default. That is the one closest to our old forum page.

2.  Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to get some of the previous features.  Active topics?  My watched topics?  How do I get to my albums it says there are none?

Not sure about a tutorial. At the top on the page just below the search box on the right side is the phrase "View New Content". Click on that and all the new posts since your last login will be shown. On the main page with the sub forums listed if the Knight emblem on the left is colored red, there is a new post in that sub forum. When you go into the sub forum, the posts in heavy black lettering have new posts and if you click on the blue dot or star to the left of the thread it will take you to the first post unread by you.

As far as your watched topics, when you are reading a thread scroll to the first post. Above it you will see a box that reads "Follow This Topic" Click on it and pick from the 2 choices how you want notified then click the black box that says "Follow This Topic". To see your followed topics, click on the down arrow beside your user name at the top of the page and click on "Content I Follow. And there they will be listed.

The galleries are a work in progress as they didn't make the switch over properly. Aaron is working on those in his spare time.

Clear as mud now? Any other questions I will try to answer or find the answer to it. We want everyone here...even those not computer savvy! :grin:

Scott,  thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and the tips.  I'll be patient on the galleries. 

On the previous version of the site I had flagued a series of topics through the years, under my watched topics.  They all had some tech or other type of info of interest for me to look back when needed.  Looks like I can make a new list but the old list I had doesn't seem to be there.  Is this list eventually going to be carried over or is it gone for good?

As a bonafide dinosaur, I'm doing my best not to become extinct during this change... but I'm hurtin  :blink:

Problem I'm having with new format is when posting via mobile I can't bring up the emoticon list at all. Tried about every option I can to pull it up. Have changed from full version to mobile, tried changing theme, etc. anyone else having this problem or am I an idiot? I do see a list at side bar that says enable emoticons and that is checked, but see no where to click to bring up the selection list.