Got engine in and nothing!!!

71 MONTE 4 YA

Well guys bummer to my weekend. I put my engine back in and went to crank it and nothing happened. I was with my Monte all day from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm and I just said forget about it. I think I connected all the wiring. The only thing I noticed is that my left side headlight plug has been cut off. Someone needed one badly. I also noticed the plug for the transmission spark control switch is broken(What is the TSCS? Will it cause a no start?). My interior lights and radio comes on. No lights on outside of vehicle but I'm thinking it's because of the stolen plug but there are six or so wires that were cut. So I'm going to need the headlight plug for driver side and also the TSCS pigtail. Any help is really appreciated!! Thanks...... Rodney

20141028_214635.jpg

It's a sbc needs three wires to run and some gas. Get a volt meter and check wires at starter first. Do u have a battery lead hooked to starter and a good ground from block to frame?

Hey Rodney, assuming you turn the key and nothing? Any dash idiot lights or clicking? Have you checked the safety neutral switch? Have you tried putting power on the starter solenoid to see if the starter will engage that way? We need more details. 

I sure hope you don't plan on starting it the way it looks in the picture above

at the very least have the cooling system intact!

if you are using a flat tappet cam, the first 20-30 minutes of running are crucial !!!!

as soon as it starts it needs to be brought up to 2000-2500 RPM.s for at least 20 minutes to break in the cam

I sure hope you don't plan on starting it the way it looks in the picture above

at the very least have the cooling system intact!

if you are using a flat tappet cam, the first 20-30 minutes of running are crucial !!!!

as soon as it starts it needs to be brought up to 2000-2500 RPM.s for at least 20 minutes to break in the cam

No Sam I wasn't going to start it that way. That pic I took when I got it in.

Figured it out. Small wires on starter on R instead of S. Now I think I need a new Carb. Engine starts and shuts off instantly . I tried several times to prime the carb but it would not keep running.

Figured it out. Small wires on starter on R instead of S. Now I think I need a new Carb. Engine starts and shuts off instantly . I tried several times to prime the carb but it would not keep running.

From the looks of post #11, your fuel line isn't connected to the carb. Not trying to be a weisenheimer, just what I see :whistle:

FIRE IN THE HOLE! :yay: Sounds good Rodney. She's really coming along. What's next on the agenda now she has a heartbeat again?

Hi Larry!! Now that she's mobile again my Cousin is gonna start back on it now that he's finished with his Grand National. I am hoping for completion around Springtime  

• Like 1

Hi Larry!! Now that she's mobile again my Cousin is gonna start back on it now that he's finished with his Grand National. I am hoping for completion around Springtime  

That will definitely help your winter to pass quickly Rod. :)