Jacking up rear

I want to jack up the rear of the car aprox 2-3 inches. Are the rear coil spacers that fit between coil and rear end any good ? Has anyone used them , or how did you get the car to sit higher in the rear. I'm going for a 70's style jacked up in the rear stance. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure how long you will keep that look but I would say yes use a spacer that is used between the spring and the car (not one that is in between the actual springs), this way you can take them back out when you want to change the look...cheaper than having to buy different springs. Airbags are also an option but pumping them up to get 2-3 inches might make the ride pretty stiff.

Hey Kris, I'm using a 1" aluminum spacer under the 20 yr old cargo springs, I then installed air shocks with about 20 lbs in them. Rides pretty good, not too stiff but have the adjustability. I also cut one ring off the original front coils to drop an inch also........

post-732-0-48258400-1418133980_thumb.jpg

Coil Spring Air bags will give you not only the lift you desire but also ADHUSTABLE Height. Here is a link

. http://www.amazon.com/LIFT-60732-Series-Air-Spring/dp/B000CFS028

Rob

• 2 months later...

I used the 2" spacers as listed above which gave me the rake I was looking for. Even after new springs I just wasn't getting the height I wanted. I have been very happy with them and it hasn't changed the feel of how it rides IMO.

Mike