Upper Door Moldings

John44

John are you talking about the wide moldings like the custom had in 72 or just the narrow string like moldings most Monte's had. Here is a pix of the wide moldings I put on my 72 when I repainted it last year.

post-785-0-45898000-1418224035_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Were these belt (?) moldings an option on a 1970 MC? I have three of the four pieces (need a rear driver side?) and was going to put them on my 70 but not if they were not a correct fitment.

jja, the felts you'll need to get for them are different than those used without the trim. Most suppliers carry both styles.

Dan

• 1 month later...

Also there are different manufactures of these felts. Cory Molhman had trouble getting his to fit correctly. He went thru three different sets before he got ones that would work. The set I used came form the Parts Place and I had to finesse them to get them to work.

For the wide belt moldings I strongly suggest using "Repops" brand labeled "authentic style". Part # on mine from Lutty's was MT106A

1868D544-5BDA-4FBF-879B-F77060D3DB3A_zps

15EC5A79-B8F8-490B-8D61-2160EFC2DE96_zps

Cory this is the only number that I could find and I think it is a 4 pc set 07603 $98.00 page 189 in Lutty's online catalog or page 20 using Adobe Reader. I looked all the way thru the online catalog. Maybe the set you have is not listed online.

Cory this is the only number that I could find and I think it is a 4 pc set 07603 $98.00 page 189 in Lutty's online catalog or page 20 using Adobe Reader. I looked all the way thru the online catalog. Maybe the set you have is not listed online.

Your correct Larry, this was on the other end of the Repops box - Luttys part # 7603

658C4CD5-39F7-4FC8-90F9-6CF92727784F_zps

Yea that is what you need "With Special Molding" I also used Repops brand, not perfect but they worked.

Camaros had wide Trim option also, so its not just Monte specific. Different part, but same idea.