rim ideas

thinking bout getting these rims for my monte..what do you guys think?? thinking about goin 20"s all the way around but cant figure out a good back space for the rear wheels....i wan the deep dish look but dont wanna do any wheel well cuting if possible

• Like 1

My personal taste is don't go any bigger than a 17" or 18", just because this era of car looks a lot better with a lot of rubber around the wheel. However, in the interest of helping you out, how wide are the wheels going to be? That's going to be key in figuring out what kind of BS you need.

Also, are you going to want the wheels tucked up under the fenders, or is the car going to sit high enough that the tires'll clear? 

Scott here is a picture of my 70 when it had 16's on it it had 255/50's all the way around with the fronts being on a 16x7 wheel with 4"bs and the rear was 16x8 with 4.5"bs they had a short sidewall. 

firstwash.jpg

Then I changed back to a more stock look with the 15x7 and 15x8 wheels same backspacing as the 16's the height of the tires stayed the same at 26" tall but the rear is a 10" tire.

111_zps6bcad589.jpg

Both pictures the wheel well lip had been trimmed due to a set of 295/50 on a 15x10 rim with 5"bs

I can't be of too much help because I am more familiar with 15" rims...but I can say that with a 20" rim and tire the sidewall will be stiff and tire flex won't be a problem rubbing as would be with a 15" tire when going around corners. One thing you failed to mention was what size 20" tire are you going with.