Engine Compartment Colors

I need the color of several things in the engine compartment.

The first thing is the Exhaust Manifold bolt locks.  There are four of these bolt locks. There are two on each side.  There are six bolts that hold each manifold in place.  These bolt head locks are on each front and each rear bolt pairs.  They are shaped in an arch which arches over the manifold and has a tab which folds over the side of the bolt to lock it into place.  I am not sure if these were painted the orange engine color, black or if they were natural metal color  Whatever color they are I will need to get some heat resistant paint.

The second item is the head shield which wraps around the bottom of the passenger side Exhaust manifold and is held on with three rivits.  This head shield is to shield the starter and starter solenoid from the exhaust manifold heat.  I suspect this was painted in simi-gloss black but not sure.

The third item is the stove pipe saddle..  This is also attached to the exhaust manifold and is a seat for tube which runs from this saddle to the air cleaner snorkel.   I think the color of this, if I remember correctly from my original Monte, was heat resistant simi-gloss black paint but I am not positive..  

If anyone has any thoughts on the color of these items please let me know.

I know the spark plug heat shields are the natural metal color.

Thanks in advance

Rob 

If my memory is working, sometimes it does and sometimes it don't, your are correct on your colors Rob but it has been 44 years since I last seen under the hood of my 70 Monte Carlo.

heat stove on exhaust manifold was never painted from factory was natural tin but most inc me painted with high heat paint to preserve it. tube was black

locks were natural tin also stainless steel paint works for me.

heat stove on exhaust manifold was never painted from factory was natural tin but most inc me painted with high heat paint to preserve it. tube was black

locks were natural tin also stainless steel paint works for me.

Thanks Bob.  

Rob

all the pieces you asked about were bare and a silver in color

Thanks Sam.  Once everything is cleaned up and painted I will be able to start reassembly.  I will have to think about if I want to install them as is or coat with a stainless or silver heat resistant paint, what do you suggest.  Not sure if they make a heat resistant clear coat paint.  One of my concerns with using paint is if any oil or gas got onto the paint it may loosen it.

Rob