Need More Measurements

MC-71

Hate to keep asking about this project. Just trying to make it right. Anyone with a 71 SS. If your Monte is complete. This is what I need.

R or L Rear Tail Light Extension.

I did the measurement between the two Hockey Stick Mouldings.

From the Top of the lower molding to the Bottom of the upper molding.  I need three measurements between the moldings. Far Left. Far Right and in the Middle.

Thanks

Carl

Hi Carl, my spares are apart for re-chroming of the hockey stick trim. I'll be getting the Monte from storage tomorrow so I'll measure the distance between the upper and lower trim then and post it tomorrow evening for you.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Carl, the distance between the bottom of the upper hockey stick and the top of the lower hockey stick measures 2.5" on all three measurements. Sorry it took me so long. I just got her out of storage this afternoon. I haven't even cleaned it up yet but that will be a job for a warmer day. :)

Hey Larry.

Thanks a ton. I wasn't sure if it was a equal measurement. The 1972 molding piece tends to roll up at the top next to the horse shoe molding.

Thanks.    :grin:

Larry, Got it. I'll do a layout tommorow and see what it looks like. So the 2 3/8" is the end toward the center of the trunk? I did get your message. I was out. Nice voice by the way. Thanks again.

Carl

• 1 month later...

Here is some shots of an nos set. The demand isn't there or I would have already 3d scanned them and reproduced them. The part #s are 9861027 & 9861026.

post-92-0-86506500-1434282033_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-80878700-1434282060_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-17943900-1434282090_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-35773600-1434282116_thumb.jpg

Can you redo this for me. In the 4th picture on the bottom molding in the picture hold your tape measure on the end of the molding and show me both measurements to the studs. Also tell me the part number on that lower molding so I can determine which is the left or right. Hold the tape so I can see the bace of the stud and not the end of the stud.  

Where did you find a NOS set? Almost like finding a diamond ring.

Thanks,

Carl

I don't know this but is there anyway in sending a picture at 100% of a item like these moldings????

Can you redo this for me. In the 4th picture on the bottom molding in the picture hold your tape measure on the end of the molding and show me both measurements to the studs. Also tell me the part number on that lower molding so I can determine which is the left or right. Hold the tape so I can see the bace of the stud and not the end of the stud.

Where did you find a NOS set? Almost like finding a diamond ring.

Thanks,

Carl

I don't know this but is there anyway in sending a picture at 100% of a item like these moldings????

I got the nos set at a national Monte Carlo club annual car show back in '93. There was a vender that had them for $25 a side. I didn't have much cash on me so I only bought one set.

Here is another shot for measurements. It's from the bottom so you can determine the side.

post-92-0-58070400-1434416284_thumb.jpg

Do you think there was a mistake in the casting. I can't figure any other reason why the studs are offset. one is at 1"3/8 and the other is 1"11/16. That is a 5/16" difference. I think someone messed up.