72 custuom 454

shack72

Great Find! That is surely a loaded Monte Carlo. Yes ,Pictures would be great! Maybe you could send them to someone here on the boards through email and they can get them put up here.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Great find! I own a 72 original "w" VIN 454 car, but not a custom. I thought mine was rare, but this is great!

Same here!  Midnight Bronze originially......

I want to see pix.  Great find!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hey Guy's it's been 2 years since i've ask for your help finding out about my 72 custom, well looks like it's a Oshawa built W code 454 numbers matching Monte, i got the build sheet from vintage vehicle's, the build sheet say's they made 138 with the LS5, 908 with Z/03, 503 with U/14 code's, i don't know how too post pic's from this computer but some of you have seen pic's on other site's, thank you all for pointing me in the right direction on finding out about my Monte, I will be a FGMCC member for life.

Hey Alan.  When posting pictures, below the box you type your message in, on right hand bottom next to the Post command is a "More Reply Options" prompt also.  Click on that prompt and you will be given options on the left lower of page to select your pics for loading onto this Site.  When you have located your pic and uploaded it, then save it.  Continue this process until you have the pics wanted.  Once done and your body of message is complete, just Post it and pics show up in your Thread you created for all to see.

Not sure if Microsoft Explorer is still a problem when using the features on this site, but Chrome works great.  You may need to open Internet using Chrome to get features to be seen, let alone open them,  Just a thought. 

There is only so much space devoted for pics, so be mindful that size is manageable.  If many pics, you may have to create more Posts to include those pics.  I typically go by inches when sizing pics and keep them around 8.5 inches.

Hope this helps posting pics.  Really interested in seeing some pics as your Custom is quite rare.

Doug

Wow. Not only is it a 454 Custom, it is a Canadian build one (assuming that it has the Z03 stamped on the cowl tag). There must only a handful of those built. GM Canada might even have the Canadian production numbers. With it being Canadian built, you can request the package with the option list from GM Canada. A great piece of documentation for the car.