JUST AN IDEA I HAD...

CKZ03

May be an option for others to use here as well. I needed to add a trans temp sensor as some extra insurance to monitor my pricey transmission investment, but where to put it??? I didnt want to drill any holes in my new dash or have just a single gauge mounted in an odd position somewhere so the plug & chug seemed like a possibility for something like this. I have it wired to a 4 prong quick disconnect just inside the ashtray so I can simply pull the whole thing out, shut the ashtray door and its like they where both never there. Most likely pulling it out at shows & stuff where they both look a little out of place on these cars. You could easily mount a triple gauge set to the front underside as well. I just preferred this one to be on the left side pointing up a bit for easy viewing.

E55BD68A-BD68-46FC-AB54-DBFFCCC6857B_zps

6AE640B3-61DB-458A-B90F-C9DBF515F919_zps

FEA1897F-ADA9-4221-8A8A-36E128F69AA3_zps

I think it looks nice Cory, thinking outside the box!

By the way, how well does that holder work! Looking for something to hold a bottle of water decently on long rides. Not like I'm going to stick a cup of coffee in it with my color interior!

Cool set-up. I take it you do not smoke in the Monte?  :D

Oh, and to free up some horsepower take the floor mat out from under your gas pedal... ;)

Dude...

I searched Plug and Chug to find one of those cup holders.

You all need to review this phrase in the "Urban Dictionary".

While not at work.

Definetly not the same as the urban dictionary description! Tony I only have a few small complaints on the plug & chug, the holes are pretty small and will only hold cans or small diameter water bottles. Course you wouldn't want to overweight the thing with a couple of big gulps anyhow, after all it is just sitting in the ashtray door which isn't the strongest thing to begin with. And they could have matched the vinyl grain better to match either the dash or seats. Other than that it works just fine and looks nice. Handy to hold other items as well.

Bill that floor mat isn't robbing any power out of my car, I get every bit of the 5hp my Briggs is putting out under that hood :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Looks great! I have been looking for a place for a cup holder. In console compartment is awkward because then you have toleave it open and can’t lean on it. Between your legs ,,,,, well you know what happens. LOL

Looks like a great option. They should make a lighter weight one without allt the weight of cushioning and vinyl.

DAn