Wrecked Monte where are the parts

Hey guys, I wrecked my monte on friday. Guy pulled in front of me causing me to hit a parked truck.

I dont know what the insurance is going to offer me but i wanted to start finding out how much my parts will cost.

What is the best website to find parts for our first gens ? hopefully i will only be needing mostly body parts i posted the pic below

post-1265-0-08582100-1431873942_thumb.jpg

Wow, sorry to see that, from that pic there may be more damage than just body parts.

You need to get paid not only for parts, but labor. I'd try and find a local shop that deals with classics so the insurance company doesn't rip you off (they aren't in business to pay!)

You could contact Leo Konik also for parts, I'm sure he has lots of available stuff

Thanks tony i'm still waiting on the adjuster to go look at it. but i just had full coverage on it but not classic insurance so i might not be getting to much money back. and i am going to look at it again today bu i hit a truck and the engine was still running when i stopped i had to turn it off myself. im hoping it hit the truck high enough to where it missed the frame. i have a pic from the other side.

post-1265-0-15141200-1431877477_thumb.jpg

I trust all are okay?  That is pretty significant damage.   Your Insurance Company I am betting is going to call it a total.  What about Frame damage?  You will have a much better idea once you have damage itemized.  I feel for you and hard for me to look at.  Finding everything you will need in one place might be tough (especially locally), but am sure you will get a lot of responses for your question.

Keep us informed on what Insurance offers you and the direction you go once known.  Hoping you can make her whole again.

Doug

Thanks Doug, I was the only one in the car just hit my head a little but i am ok. Im pretty sure the insurance is going to total it out. but i will try to keep possession of it totaled or not. worst case scenario i will keep it as a parts car and drop the motor in a new ride. hopefully i can get enough money to at least do that. I am not to sure how the frame looks when i get it back i will be pulling it apart

You can check with Jared for parts too, while not right next door, he is not too far away. You said you had full coverage but didnt say how much you had it insured for and that will influence if they total it or not. If it is insured for $20k they may not total it out.

rob

First...glad you are OK. I would assume with frame damage that the insurance co. Would total it....such a sad sight to see. If they do total it see what the buy back would be and you could part it out.

I just got back from the tow shop where it is at and i see no signs that the frame was hit. it looks like the grill fender and hood were just pulled off of the frame and the bumper was pulled when his truck moved. new pics below. i know it s still up to the insurance but i plan on keeping it no matter what, what you guys think

post-1265-0-39304400-1431895542_thumb.jpg

post-1265-0-48178100-1431895549_thumb.jpg

post-1265-0-45997100-1431895557_thumb.jpg

post-1265-0-41435200-1431895564_thumb.jpg

post-1265-0-27495000-1431895571_thumb.jpg

and while reading this thread, I want everyone here to think about what Griff may lose

he didn't have a stated value and is now at the mercy of the insurance company, for those of you in the same boat, properly insuring is key!!!!!

they don't call them accidents because they are planned

• Like 1

Sam is right, when i get her back she will be insured for a guaranteed 30k even if she is in pieces. Sam how would i check to see if the body tub is damaged ? from what i can see everything seems to still be in place 

Hey Griff, there are a bunch of things that are going to happen here that you will need to think about... The insurance company will for sure Write The Vehicle Off, sighting what they think in their opinion is the car is not worth repairing due to age and what they think the value is.

next they will make you an offer and never accept the first offer and remember when they make you an offer that means THEY own the car afterwards.... You have to use the words " I am interested in The Salvage and want to retain it " thus meaning what ever they pay you out it must include you keeping the car. Different States in the USA my not let you re-title a car that now is branded Written Off or Salvage so you may end up buying another monte and using your parts on it.

Whatever you do dont assume anything and try to stick to your guns money wise. You may have to get either 3 estamates on what repair costs are going to be in the rare off chance they will fix it but on the other hand try to find your exact same monte within milage and options and all around the same price and submit that saying in your eyes thats what your car is worth or if they want to replace yours thats what its going to take money wise.

They will try to say we will go Black Book Value which is $700 and thats a joke and then they may offer you $5000.... if that haoppens just say " you try to find my car exactly in the shape it was before the accident for $5gs....if you cant then tell them to up the anti or get you the car themselves... that will let them know you cant be pushed around....

My dad was a Top Loss adjuster up here for years and pretty much what I wrote just now was what he was saying I just typed it out....

Good Luck..

Darren. 

Since we are on the topic...   what firm is the best to use for an agreed value policy?   Hagerty, Grundy,  American Collectors, ?????

Guy pulled in front of me causing me to hit a parked truck.

Is the "guy" long gone?  I see you are going through your own insurance so I assume they never stopped or knew what they caused?

Hey Bill, i guess i did write that a little awkward. no the guy that caused the accident did stop and my insurance is going to speak with his because he did not open a claim because he did not get hit. my claim lady was telling me he would be classified as a phantom car in the matter but is still liable if the investigation shows it. beacuse even though i had the right of way i was told the police are going to write it up as no one at fault.

some insurance companies will require you to get an appraisal, just because you want to insure it for 30K doesn't mean they will let you

it was hard for me to get a 30K policy for my 4 speed without an appraisal, I had to provide them with a ton of pictures to prove is was a fresh frame off restoration, the rarity of my specific monte, they still want an appraisal, which they are not going to get, they already took my money and I already received my policy

I wanted a 40K policy, but there was no way they were going to give me one 

I am in Anderson, SC and have EVERYTHING you need to fix it for a reasonable price.

Please call me at 864-940-2146,

Frame appears to be ok, it peeled the sheetmetal right over the frame.

I can tell you what you are going to need parts wise right here in this list, and here is you a few ball park prices you, I have all the used stuff, and some nos.

Radiator Support complete $150-250

RF Fender $300

Hood $150

Hood Spear, currently have an NOS one 125, used 25-50

Grille $250ish

Bumper..Reproduction New aprox. 200

Bumper Filler $25

Bumper Brackets, maybe

Fender Extension $50

Fan Shroud $75

Inner Fender, Reproduction...$100

Right Door $300 for a near perfect one.

I will help you out as much as I can with a package deal, I am probably 5-6 hour drive from Savannah. Stick to your guns on the insurance company, NADA would be what they need to look at. That car is not totaled, Georgia doesn't even require a title on old cars anyway. Just make sure the door will still open and shut correctly after the fender is out of the way, if it doesn't it may need to be tweaked back, I know someone here that can do that for you to, he has the puller, he straightened a fully custom 57, neither door would shut, the body shell was warped from t-boning someone.

Jared,

Thanks for responding i will call you as soon as i settle everything with the insurance company, that way i will know exactly what i'm working with. and both the doors still open and close fine but the driver side fender got warped a little from the hood moving so i know i will probably need that as well.

Thank goodness you are ok. I think Jared's correct in that she can be fixed. Any other issues that you were wishing to address before the accident, during the rebuild would be a great time to address them. Good luck with the insurance company and with bringing her back to even better than before.