What's the factory seat belt set up on a 70 MC?

MI_Custumz

What's the factory set up for a 1970 Monte? Mine has a shoulder belt with a male end, lap belt with a male end, and only one female end per front bucket seat. Rear has three male and female (1 set per person). Was told it should have some way to make it a 3 point. I thought you could wear a lap or shoulder belt, but not required to wear both. NHTSA says lap or lap and shoulder belt after 1968. That leads me to believe the set up may be correct. Is there a deluxe and standard seat belt set up? 14K70 is a date code I found on one of the belts. Didn't look for all the others.

With bucket seats you should have 2 male and 2 female belts for each side. You are supposed to be able to wear seat and shoulder harness at the same time. In 1972 they changed the way the belts hook up so that the shoulder bet attached to the lap belt. If you had a bench seat in front, you got the 4 belts for the outside passengers and a lap belt for the center passenger. Back seat should have 3 complete sets, one for each passenger. You need one more pair of female belts. Never wear just the shoulder harness without the lap belt.

Your first question has already been answered by Rich.

Regarding the standard and deluxe belts.... Yes, they were both available  The standard usually was just a colored plastic female where the deluxe female buckles were a brushed metal with colored belts to match the interior.

Rob

Can't recall on the '70, but my '71 has two female two male per side on the front.  Note, the shoulder belt is a little wider at the male/female connection as opposed to the lap belt.

I'll be selling my front setup soon to include the center passenger lap belt, as I'm installing the Morris 3 point belts soon.

LMK if you're interested

Art