2016 Western Meet - Grass Valley, CA

Canuck

Yep, that 3-day weekend fell in just the right spot. I pretty much spent the entire time bonding with my machine. It has been a long time since I've done that.

I hope everything is in working order. I will probably spend some time at the show cleaning some of the last bits, like the engine. lol

Everything at my house has gone wrong. I have 4 different crews set to converge on my house Tuesday morning. It sure is going to feel good getting away for the weekend. I am planning to arrive at the club motel Friday morning before the foothill cruise. I'm going to try to be there around 8:30  or 9:00. Vroom vroom.

If you see me drive past the motel, just yell "WALLLLABY!"

It will be great to see you again Mark and everyone else.

We are also leaving tomorrow for the three day drive. Hope to see you all on Thursday, drive safe!!

For all of our members going to the Western Meet.... have a wonderful time while you are there but most of all have a safe drive going and coming. For many of you, that is a very long drive so take plenty ao relax breaks, good for you and even better for your Monte. Safe travels to you all and have a wonderful time..... wish I could be there with you, oh well, maybe someday I will make both meets.

rob

Thank you from all of us Rob.  Weather  here shows increasing Sun today and should be a nice drive On Wednesday when we head out.

Like Rob said, be observant going & coming for those especially from Canada who are making that long trek.

See ya all on the flip side........................  ;)

Doug

I want to thank everyone for their hospitality at the meet. It was good to see some old friends and awesome making new ones. Nice to know that the club is still going strong.

and its good to be back...I am a "dues paying" member again hahaha   Even after Aaron said... Why am I even having dinner with you guys!! You aren't even paid up!!   hahaha

Good times!

I want to thank everyone for their hospitality at the meet. It was good to see some old friends and awesome making new ones. Nice to know that the club is still going strong.

and its good to be back...I am a "dues paying" member again hahaha   Even after Aaron said... Why am I even having dinner with you guys!! You aren't even paid up!!   hahaha

Good times!

It was great to see you again Ray.

Well, there were a bunch of Montes it was like 9? 12?. There were more on Saturday than Sunday.

It was a good show. There were something like 700 cars there. It was perfect weather for a show and we had plenty of shade.

It was nice to see old friends again.

• Like 1

Finally got car cleaned and inspected so want to take a moment to express my appreciation too Aaron & April along with our gracious Host Doug Scofield who went the xtra xtra mile to babysit us, feed us (prepared a picnic lunch of BBQ with all the fixins) and entertain us.  :)  Considering Doug's dilema with a Fire raging near his place, loss of electrical power from the fire and his car trailer broken into, he had a really full plate & did not flinch during the 3 day event.  GREAT job to those contributors who made this Meet once again another GREAT success.  It's not by accident that these Western Meets are so successful year after year.

Doug    

• Like 2

It was wonderful to meet so many members in Grass Valley!  My cheeks ached after wearing a perma-grin all weekend due to being surrounded by so many incredibly beautiful Montes!!!

Thanks for the kind words, Doug...   but it was sincerely a pleasure to help out were I could after all of the long hours the rest of you invested into attending the meet here in Nor-Cal.

...Here's looking forward to Penticton next year! 

• Like 2

Arrived home on Wednesday night, whew, long drive!!!!! Although we trailered, 2700 mile round trip and nine days is a long haul. The funny thing is we would and will do it again for a future Western Meet. :yay:

Kathie and I would like to thank Aaron and April for all their effort in organizing another great meet.

Doug Scofield, what can we say but thank you sooooo much for all you did. It is appreciated more than we can say.

Ray, Mark and Beth, it was great to see you again. Hopefully it wont be another 10 years.

To all the rest of the FGMCC family, you are the best, thanks for all the laughs. It always amazes me that we get together once a year but conversations pick up like we just saw each other yesterday

Here's to 2017 and Penticton  :party:

• Like 2