weird question

does anyone know the length of the 71 monte carlo from back bumper to front bumper????? trying to decide if its worth cleaning out the garage to get it inside or if its to long for the garage

My GM shop manual says 205.8 Inches

------------------

Aaron

1970 Misty Turquoise Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo Web Site

Monte131a.jpglogo_iamca.gif

If your wife ever says "Come and move this transmission so I can take a bath," You might be a Gearhead.

The Monte is just big enough to make your newly-cleaned garage look REALLY full smile.gif. Those long doors have to swing well away from the car to be able to get in & out of them.

Yeah just try getting into it with a 2 jet ski trailer next to it. I have to move them to the side to get into the car. It is sleeping for a little while while I decide weather we are going to sell it or not..

Ian

------------------

frontshot1.jpg

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/iann/monte.html

Quote:
Originally posted by iann128:
Yeah just try getting into it with a 2 jet ski trailer next to it. I have to move them to the side to get into the car. It is sleeping for a little while while I decide weather we are going to sell it or not..

Ian

Ian,
Say it isn't so... I can't believe you are thinking about selling that beautiful car. I hope I read your post wrong. If you do I am sure you will make sure it has a good home. I think if you sell it you will eventually regret it and I know it is a tough decision to make. Keep us posted
Rob

------------------

To access my website click on the picture or link below.

images.ca..."

My Two Girls

http://www.cardomain.com/id/robsmodelamonte

Go Car or Show Car, it doesn't matter, you are welcome here

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Peters:
Ian,
Say it isn't so... I can't believe you are thinking about selling that beautiful car. I hope I read your post wrong. If you do I am sure you will make sure it has a good home. I think if you sell it you will eventually regret it and I know it is a tough decision to make. Keep us posted
Rob

Rob,

I am not sure, it is just that we have too many toys now and I am finding it hard to justify them all. I know if I get rid of it I will regret it down the road, but has been fun building it and working on it. I realy have more fun building them then driving them. I am going to see what the fall brings. If i can find some side work to make some extra money then it might get to stay (I hope)

Ian

------------------
frontshot1.jpg
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/iann/monte.html

I cann't squeeze front or back. In fact I have to leave the garage door open till I walk around the car and then as I go inside the house I close the garage door. 20 foot deep garage but there is a fireplace on the other side of wall and I loose about 2 feet of floor space.

------------------

1970bb.jpg

My Monte's

If it sounds like Thunder!!! Me and My Monte have just rolled in!!!

1970 MC SS or one heck of a clone Needs restored

1970 MC 350/350

1998 F*%& WindStar

2002 Dodge Ram

I have a 2 car garage. That was how my house was advertised. I don't know what kind of car they used to calculate that number. Maybe the contractor had an Isetta, or a Cooper, but he didn't have an American car! I don't think there would be room for 2 Corvairs even. And they consider a Monte Carlo to be a "mid-sized" car? Maybe it's just me, but it seems pretty large when I'm trying to squeeze into a parking space at the mall. Even on the most busy of days there seems to be about 10 acres of unused parking lot, yet they still insist on painting the lines just 7 1/2 feet apart. I become a human feeler-gauge when I walk between cars.