71 monte carlo ss

orbit

Great job, Joe. The body cart looks like it'll work great. Cleaning the underside is alot of work, but necessary on a body off restoration. Keep up the good work and the pics are always appreciated by all.

Dan

It looks like maybe you could use one of these.

post-339-0-63913500-1447905734_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

I resprayed the black dash with SEM. I resprayed the chrome with this cool chrome paint I got online as the stuff in the auto stores is junk. I compound the woodgrain and then put 10 coats of hand rubbed carnauba wax on it letting it dry for a day in between coats. Alot of work but the pictures don't do it justice

• 3 years later...

Jordan, looks amazing, sounds GREAT.  Fantastic attention to detail.  You will have to have it finished by next June for the Eastern Meet it Carlisle, Pa and the 50th anniversary of Monte Carlo celebration

• 4 weeks later...

Chassis is pretty much done and engine running great. So put that in storage and brought the body home. Now to finish up the body work then mock it up on the chassis then send it out for paint. Gotta get this project back up and running

20190705_113600.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice!

See if this link works, its a spread sheet of actual 4" x 6" painted color panels from DuPont I have from the Automotive Paint lab when I worked there. Shows the DuPont numbers and names and what cars they went on.

Bruce

DuPont color codes 1971 Chevy Pass Cars

Edited by stangeba
added link to sheet

The names listed were DuPont names. Chevy and other s like Pontiac also changed the names of the same colors.

I may not have EVERY color however but I thought I did. I will see if I fine it and scan it for you.

Bruce

Can't find one panel that looks like the color in your picture or what I remember it to be.

I thought I had them all......

Bruce