71 monte carlo ss

orbit

That's true. I have one that I bought used for my car from one of our members. They are very hard to find. I'm going to the Hershey show on Thursday and will be keeping my eye open for another.

Joe

Well things went well this week. I located and purchased a factory 71 monte ss rear bumper that is now out getting rechromed. Compression went well #1cyl-145,#2-140,#3-140,#4-145,#5-140,#6-140,#7-145,#8-140. Not bad for being in hibernation for 14 years. So looks like it will get a gasket reseal and tune up and paint and back into service after the body is done.

Well motor and Trans are out and on the stand. I do have a question for you guys. It seems my car is under coated on the under side. Not just the bottom of the floor pans but the trans tunnel and the whole underside. But done very nicely as there is no under coat on the frame and the under coat is above the cross members on the body and old looking but in tack and evenly done. My question is were these cars under coated from the factory or dealer done. I dont know if I should remove it or clean it and freshen it up by painting it. Any help would be great.

Thanks Joe

Started gutting out the car today. Seems someone already has the build sheet as I found fragments of it in the back seat. Hopefully I will have one of those cars with 2

• 2 weeks later...