Lakewood Ladder Bars 20460, anyone try or using ?>

Holy cow, they still make those. I have two sets of those in my basement...one was on my car for years and the other one someone gave me because they did not want them. I would never use them unless you were racing the car ONLY...they make your car ride like a rock. I could not believe how much better the ride quality was after I took them off...again I do not suggest them, but they do work as they are designed for.

You can see them on my car in this photo.

21979060021_large.jpg

Forget the Ladder bars, Go with adjustable upper control arms, solid lower control arms, and an Anti Roll Bar like HRpartsnstuff makes.  I just removed my factory sway bar and replaced it with the Anti Roll Bar by HRpartsnstuff.  All I can say is I wished I had did it years ago.  It handles street so much better on the street even with the skinnies I have in the front, launches level, and doesn't twist the body at all. 

• Like 1

I'm with Bill. I would not recommend them.

I had them on my Chevelle and after I replaced them with a good set of boxed and adjustable control arms, I could not believe how nice my car handled and rode. And no wheel hop when the rear geometry is correct (this is critical). If you have air shocks pumped up, you don't have correct geometry.

Of course, back in the day I had air shocks on and rear tires like steam rollers. Ladder bars were the only option to control hop when the rear is 4 ft off the ground!

If you insist on getting a set, I'm sure you could pick them up at a swap meet for under $100 from someone who learned his lesson. Bill will probably part with a pair too.

FWIW

Scott

Do you suggest lift bars or just solid upper and lower control arms ?

What are your goals? Are you experiencing wheel hop now? Many choices depending on the level you are trying to achieve. Starting with simple airbags in the springs to spending big $$$.