looking for suspension advice

69LSXbody

hey i'm new to this forum and was curious if maybe some people could help point me in the right direction. My dad and I have been building his 71 Monte for a couple years now and we are to the point that we are looking to upgrade the suspension a little bit. the car has a decently built 427 in it now and as expected we are making a little more power than what the old 355 was. we are looking to start by upgrading the rear suspension. the car is a weekend driver and will mainly 80% street with 20% track. but of that 80% on the street id like to upgrade for when the locals want to head out to Mexico for some racing. I have seen talk from people of switching out the rear control arms and also do different springs and shocks. I was curious of what everyone else is running on there cars that are being used for similar purpose and can maybe recommend some combinations that have worked for others. thanks in advance!

thanks for the pointers. I've been looking at their kits and they look pretty nice. I guess my main question now would be are adjustable uppers really necessary for a car that's gonna be driven on the street most of the time? or would I be good with going with a non adjustable?

Call Mark at Sevitskes Classics & Customs  http://scandc.com/new/

He wrote/published the book "How to Make Your Muscle ar Handle".  He is a wealth of knowledge and aware of all the aftermarket suspension components out there and how they compare.  

He is aware of the benefit and downfall of each.  Tell him what you are looking to accomplish and he will get you there within a budget if needed.

Give him a all.  You won't be disappointed.  BTW he is a retailer for many of the aftermarket suspension companies and an offer whatever you decide on.  

FYI:  He is  closed on Mondays I believe

Dan 

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently put an HRpartsNstuff rear anti-roll bar on my 1970, couldn't beat the deal I found on it for $390.00 shipped off Ebay from someone who bought and didn't have a use for it any longer new in the box still.  It has been the biggest improvement to date in handling and launching that I've made to the car.  Should've done it years ago.  There are many different manufactures for anti-roll bars so take you pick, but make sure you get one that bolts to the axel and frame.