71SS to Frame and back again to 71SS

LS5

Well the plan is to take the Monte from what you have seen all the way down to just the frame and rebuild the rolling chassis and put her all back together with LOTS of new stuff and going completely retarded with OEM.

From This....

c3f5cf4a-9918-4e1a-af69-19e841863c87_zps

To This ....

new466-1_zpsd0dc21cd.jpg

and then back to this....

c3f5cf4a-9918-4e1a-af69-19e841863c87_zps

will keep you posted...

Darren.

Darren, how much more will your "remanufactured" Monte be worth? Sounds like a lot of time, effort and money when it's already in great condition as a survivor.

I hope it all goes well and you have a ton of fun doing it. I also like "stock, like from the factory" less bias belted tires.

Bruce

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I got sidetracked on other projects and Monte's and just didnt get around to the 71 as of late. Here are some pics for now and some pictures are poor quality sorry but dumb phone camera, I have a digital one but for some reason never use it but will start..

monte20pt5_zps20mcqbul.jpg

monte%20pt3_zpsan0t4ain.jpg

monte%20pt%202_zpstygmymmi.jpg

monte%20pt4_zpsvdcyvfi2.jpg

monte%20PT1_zpstucy2usg.jpg

Darren

The Frame Started off as Vaughns Frame and then went to Kris and now back to my place. After I picked up the frame from Kris I took it to the carwash here in town and blasted it with hot water and dried it off and prepped for Por-15.

With Larry's help I snagged these tires and had them shipped to me and mounted on the 15x7's, I will be going with the Derby caps and not the Disc brake caps you see here..

frame_zps9ixxce9v.jpeg

tires_zpshtxspmz2.jpg

tires%201_zpshyfjegck.jpeg

Darren

Hey Bob I used Por-15 alluminum paint for the silver and then the gold is Brake Caliper gold for high heat and sticks to metal so the can says. 

Yes Sam my Butt was sore from sitting on the concrete for a long time painting the frame     lol

yes the Mounts are por-15 stainless to stand out like Retentative Detailing Does :rofl:  and then even used gold cadium grade 8 bolts to hold them down.

Darren

Thanks Jared, I am going to try that stuff as well Bob. They sell it up here in Calgary at a place called Classic Performance. I will give it a shot on the floor pans after they are cleaned up.

Darren

Darren

The work you are doing looks great. I am in the process of stripping off the undercoat off the whole underside.

Joe

Not a fun job Joe... Do you have it on a rotisserie or are you laying underneath it with a putty knife?

Rob