71SS to Frame and back again to 71SS

LS5

Well a bit more progress today........ well until 3:43am this morning and then back at it at 9am with a little help from Keith who came over as an extra set of eyes. Dropping body back on the Frame FINALLY and also dropping in 454 and th400...

now off to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzz

IMG_1969_zpssvu4jkfp.jpgIMG_1966_zpsazml6jvd.jpg[/url

IMG_1967_zpsblmlrcze.jpg

IMG_1968_zpsa5dncilx.jpg

IMG_1970_zpsgk6rulb7.jpg

Darren

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well it's been a little while and just about got it licked. Keith is headed over on Thursday night to help install the hood plus the 4 hours it takes to align it hahaha I hate re-installing hoods and yes tried every trick in the book I think for marking and drilling and so on and they dont work..... side shots look good on alignment and body is square on the frame and Bodymounts are tightened down to 35ft pounds with half squished rubbers as GM's were and voila......

**** Yes the Caution Decal is Not factory and may take it off yet but it helps keep fingers away when running engine... Also the yellow Limited Slip decal was on my CDN built monte and there is the other in the trunk on the lid. Aaron's 71ss CDN built had this decal as well***

IMG_2234_zpsqk4vdart.jpg

FullSizeRender-10_zpsfiol3nhc.jpg

IMG_2237_zpskehpbkh8.jpg

IMG_2238_zpsvry93k97.jpg

IMG_2239_zpsqqeaaeai.jpg

IMG_2240_zpsbcclledy.jpg

IMG_2241_zpsfnpp1jla.jpg

Darren

• Like 1

Had to change the tires, The Eagle ST's were age cracked and figured I would give these a try.....

I had them mounted before as a test but now they are on the monte for good.

Darren

FullSizeRender-11_zps9urhn8ck.jpg

• Like 1

Getting Binder with Docs in it and so cool that it matches....

IMG_2293_zpssknsdvjx.png

IMG_2292_zpska3euuah.jpg

IMG_2291_zpslh0qmxon.jpg

Darren

• Like 1

Hi Rick, The passenger inner fenderwell sticker is the Oil Change and specification decal that appeared on the Canadian Built Monte Carlos. It also states the Plants Address and Town with Postal Code on it as well and talks about the interval changes for Oil Change.

The Radiator one's are from left to right are..... Radiator Fluid Specs, Limited slip Differential equipped car, and then the standard Engine ID and Emissions info with Timing etc Decal.    Not in the photo's there is another Canadian Decal on the side of the air cleaner right where the "Keep your GM all GM" AC Delco Decal would be on Small Block Cars only, Mine has once again the Dealer Plant Mini Decal stating Oshawa and the Plant Address info. 

In the trunk on the Lid there is a Jacking Instruction Decal on pass side of lid and on the drivers side the white full size decal on Limited Slip Diff Info.

I had to hunt around real hard for those, as no one hardly has the Canadian Decals such as the AU Emissions code on 454 Decal and then the Oshawa Decals too, I tried The Parts Place Inc and Danchuk's and Ausley's and then found most of my Decals through Jim Osborn's.

Darren

Darren,

Great information! I didn't know this.

Must have been a law / requirement because my 71, Oshawa built Monte, doesn't have the "plant information"

Very cool!

Bruce

• 1 month later...

Great pictures, just noticed the W/S washer hoses, my 71 does not have them going through the firewall, like in 1970, just uses longer sprayer nozzles. Perhaps I'm missing something.........

post-76-0-91113700-1503757618_thumb.jpg

Getting Binder with Docs in it and so cool that it matches....

IMG_2293_zpssknsdvjx.png

Hey, Darren,

What's with the 285 HP rating on the spec sheet above?  That's closer to a "W" code '72 ... or is HP different in Canada, too?   :grin:

Darren, we share very close production and shipping dates on our cars. :)

I know that is Awesome, I took the Monte for a good 2hr rip the other day and ran like a new car. took a couple of dips in the road and corners and not a bushing squeak or rattle or swaybar noise. it was awesome.

Darren

• Like 1