POR15

Monte Jim

• 8 months later...

I am getting ready to power wash and coat my frame. I am going try the POR-15 on it. I will post some pics when I get done. Any pointers on doing the frame are always welcome.

James, I used POR15 on the entire underside of my car (2coats) and love the results. I had the car up on jack stands and steel brushed and cleaned everything the best I could. I brushed it on and then got the spray can version also to get in those tough places. It can be really messy but make sure you get the cleaning solvent also to get it off your skin. Here's a couple of pics during the process............

post-732-0-35682000-1467575172_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-14741700-1467575184_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just be clear on directions for application.  I've used POR 15 quite a bit and has worked well when directions are followed.

I think the biggest impact is how Clean / Dry the surface is.

Looking forward to seeing your finished product.

Also, POR 15 goes a long ways.  I would try and use whatever I had opened.

Keep area around can clean when lid is replaced.  This stuff bonds and if left

dirty, you will destroy can trying to get lid back off.  If partial can used and resealed,

keep can in a cool place such as a spare refrigerator.  Helps keep left over from

hardening after extended storage.

Don't wear anything that you don't want permanently stained because it does not

wash off and the same with your skin.  It takes time to wear off of hands.

Doug

• Like 1

I always  clean the top of the can extremely well and then put on a double layer of plastic wrap to keep the lid and can separated. Not perfect but it sure does help. As Doug said you will destroy the can getting it apart if any is left on the rim. It might not hurt to have an empty can handy so if it does stick shut you have another can you can pour it into. I have done this twice on the same quart I started with.  :crazy:

• Like 1