Replaced rear springs and shocks but.....

Thanks Dennis.  I have no idea whats up front.  I knew the backs had air shocks, because I installed them and the springs probably 10 years ago or more when I first got the car (although I dont remember what springs I used).  It was sitting basically on the rear tires...The shocks and springs were toast.  so probably this weekend Ill change out the front springs and shocks and see what I have and go from there.  I appreciate all the info from everyone.  I took a nice pic in Home Depot parking lot the other night, Im going to post that in a few.  Thanks again.

Juan

That looks great to me!

25 years ago, when I replaced the ft springs on my 71 350 NO A/C, I ordered them from a Chevy dealer and ordered them for a 350 WITH A/C.

To me, with these springs, the ft end has always been too high but I assumed they would weaken and lower by itself, like the first set did.

When the picture in my sig was taken, in 2004, the professional lowered the ft end by having two of us push down on the car while he stuck a wood block someplace in the A arm so it wouldn't return. He also added sand bags in the trunk. To me the back of my 71 is too low, those springs were also from the dealership and were correct for my 71.

Bruce

Juan, in that latest picture of your Monte, it looks like it is sitting pretty level to me.  I think the "lower rear end" appearance is largely an optical illusion because the rear wheel well opening does not go up as high as the front wheel well opening, thus exposing less of the tire/wheel in the rear.

I suggest you park it on a smooth level surface like that parking lot and measure from the ground up to the bottom of the rocker panel just in front of the rear wheel well opening and again just in back of the front wheel well opening.  I'll bet those measurements are very close to the same.  If they are, you have a normal factory attitude.  Whatever attitude you prefer is what you should go with.  Some like low and level, some like high and level.  I prefer the rear to be slightly higher than the front if not level.  I personally don't favor having the front higher than the rear on these first gens just because they look enough that way when they are sitting level due to the optical illusion mentioned above.  

I think your Monte is a real eye-catcher just the way it is but if you still want to adjust the attitude before or after installing new front springs, I suggest you take a look at the Air Lift 1000 kit for your rear springs.  The whole kit can be had for under $100.  It is easy to install and will give you up to 3" of height adjustment for the rear.  The other nice benefit is that you can adjust the air pressure to maintain a certain attitude if/when the passenger or cargo load increases.  Here's a LINK to one source on Amazon but there are many others.

post-567-0-02471800-1447097106_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-97981800-1447097119_thumb.jpg