pro-touring monte carlo

I have a 1972 Monte, with a caddy 472 with a th400 tranny. I want to go pro-touring with the car and make it handle like its on rails. I have progressive spring in the back from a gbody monte carlo with traction bars. The front suspension is stock. I want to stiffen up the ride and get rid of the body roll. I want to lower the car, but I don't want to worry about hitting the oil pan in daily driving. I want to run the widest wheels I can on the car without modification. Any advice you guys have on any of the above would be greatly appreciated. Also I want to keep the cost as low as I can.  

Hey Zack,

Welcome to the FGMC site. Here is a link that will get you going in the pro-touring direction http://umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_254_278&products_id=798

Great company with products made in the USA and have excellent customer service. I have some of their suspension parts on my Monte but it is more of a straight line bruiser but will turn left and right when needed.  :rofl:

I'm sure others will chime.

Take care,

David

some polyurethane body mounts will help stiffen the chassis some too

an alum headed small block to take some weight off the front end would help a bunch, move the battery to the trunk

and a steering box with a tighter ratio made a big difference on my '71

Do yourself a favor. Call Mark @ Sevitskes Classics & Customs. Mark wrote the book on "How to make your muscle Car Handle" available in bookstores.

He sells just about every brand of aftermarket suspension components and can give honest comparisons between whats available. Let him know your budget and your goal and he will help develop the best plan for your build.
He has forgotten more regarding suspensions (unlikely) than most will ever know.  Helped me out big time when I set up my suspension.  FYI They are closed Mondays

Sevistkes Classic. & Custom contact info

• 11 months later...

Do yourself a favor. Call Mark @ Sevitskes Classics & Customs. Mark wrote the book on "How to make your muscle Car Handle" available in bookstores.

He sells just about every brand of aftermarket suspension components and can give honest comparisons between whats available. Let him know your budget and your goal and he will help develop the best plan for your build.

He has forgotten more regarding suspensions (unlikely) than most will ever know.  Helped me out big time when I set up my suspension.  FYI They are closed Mondays

Sevistkes Classic. & Custom contact info

Dan, thanks for the referral to Scandc.com. I have been attempting to talk with someone there for a week or so with no response.

I left a voice message last Friday and sent an email on Monday and have had absolutely no response.

Have they closed their doors or is this how they do business?

Thanks,

Jim

• 4 weeks later...