Electrical Question

Hey gang, I need your help with a '74 A-body. I just acuqired a '74 Buick Regal with 31,900 miles. This car is as close to being new as any car I have ever seen for being 29.

Question I have... When I turn the ignition switch to accessories, the generator light glows about 1/2 brighter than full. I have never seen this in my '72 M/C, or any car of this vintage (had a '75 El Camino years ago, never happened). When the Buick runs, the light is out, however, the light generally is less brighter than "Temp" and "Oil" when the car is starting.

Is this a grounding problem? I haven't tried cleaning the secondary ground wire from the neg. battery terminal to the fender. What do you think?

I figure I'd consult the council before I get under the hood.

-------------------------

'72 Monte Carlo Custom

'74 Buick Regal

'99 Olds. Aurora

My monte does the exact same thing.Still not sure why. Sometimes it doesnt do it. I think it might be aground on the voltage regulator

------------------

• 69 custom camper/cst 10
  • 70 monte carlo
  • 73 chevelle 4 door

deluxe"kermit": no carpet(rubber floor) no floor, no trunk still drives (D.Ot'd finally)

• 74 cheyenne super 20 454 SOLD frown
  • 77 fully loaded silverado

that my Grandpa gave me

• 1980 BMW 320i(at least it isnt Japanese)
  • 1981 ford f150 4x4
  • 1972 Honda ct 90 trailbike

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)

ek_3.jpg

My 70 started doing this after I installed a new solid state voltage regulator. I assumed it has something to do with the voltage regulator being solid state and when I posted here, I had responses indicating to me that it more than likely was because of that.

Rob

------------------

Go Car or Show Car, it doesn't matter, you are welcome here

Mike,

I am in your area this week if you would like to meet up. I will be in Barstow tomorrow night and El Segundo on Thrusday afternoon and evening. Let me know.

Rob

Hey Rob, thanks for the offer. I would like the opportunity to meet other members, problem is I'm flying out on vacation this afternoon. I won't be back to LA till 11/24.

Will you be around then?