Map light on inside rear view mirror

South Carolina 72

Here are a couple pics of the Map Light (complete assy).  I have not seen any repops for just the mirror lens but guess you can have the mirror glass itself made to order with the correct specs.  I have the complete (OEM) assy. (plug & play) that has been Media Blasted, cleaned, tested & lubricated pivot points.  This has the anti glare black matte finish that came in 1972 Models and some 1971 Models.  The glass shows some deterioration around the fringes but is useable as is also.   And also a extra mirror lens (OEM). The mirror lens will need resilvered but useable as is.

Doug

post-458-0-08536400-1451488365_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-27914500-1451488394_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Reviving this old thread in hopes that someone can tell me how these things come a part  I have this mirror in my 70 SS but the mirror is in pretty bad shape.  I was lucky enough to find an NOS one a while ago at a swap meet but I can't figure out how I get the wire out of the one in the car so I can swap this new mirror in.

HERE YOU GO EVERYONE...............THEY ARE NOW BEING REPOPPED AND NOT A BAD PRICE CONSIDERING....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1972-Oldsmobile-Cutlass-442-12-Interior-Rear-View-Mirror-w-Map-Light/173109034529?hash=item284e1a3e21:g:mA0AAOSwJc9aYfoQ

Darren

HERE YOU GO EVERYONE...............THEY ARE NOW BEING REPOPPED AND NOT A BAD PRICE CONSIDERING....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1972-Oldsmobile-Cutlass-442-12-Interior-Rear-View-Mirror-w-Map-Light/173109034529?hash=item284e1a3e21:g:mA0AAOSwJc9aYfoQ

Darren

That's great! 

Still wish I knew how to get the wire out of the one in my car though because I would like to use the NOS one if I can.