Another speakers question

Over the summer I'd like to upgrade the sound system in my Monte. I only have one speaker in the dash so I'd like to put a set of speakers in the kick panels and another set in the rear arm rest panels. How would I cut the holes in the kick panels and rear arm rests? Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a head unit? I don't want to have to cut the dash. I posted this question under Pauls71's post about speakers by accident.

I installed my radio under the dash. I wanted to keep it original, the AM radio is still in the dash. Why not use the rear deck speakers, the trunk makes for a great enclosure.

John

Thanks guys. I checked out Custom Atuosound and its giving me some ideas. I just have to figure out to cut the holes in the rear deck lid for the rear speakers.

• 2 months later...

I put a pair of 6x9s in the rear and they work fine.

You can get speakers in their own enclosure and have them mounted on top of your package tray, so you dont have to cut up the car.

If you want to cut up the car. you can mount them in the doors. the kick panels. or under the dash. or on top of the dash (works well for tweeters).

Monteguy, as far as the head unit, I bought a head unit with a remote control and i'm going to put it in the glovebox. I'm going to make a custom carpet covered box for it so that i don't have to touch or destroy the original AM radio in the dash!