Vikings shocks

Looking at buying a pair of Viking A204 shocks I believe its a good price $125 just for the front. I have asked the vendor if they come with coil over or it is just the shocks. I'm thinking of throwing them in the 72 since it has tubal front control arms (currently has Hotchiks lowering springs and QA-1 shocks). The rear of the 72 already has a pair of coil overs not the best on the market but it does have the option to raise or lower the coil overs. What you all think Vikings on the 72 with 2" drop spindles and tubal control arms or Vikings on the 70 with stock spindles and control arms.

I have a set of Viking double adjustable's on the rear along with the factory coil springs. Very good quality shock and easy to set up. I dial them in for street driving and when at the track change the compression and rebound. Car has consistent 1.58 60' times and as far as street/ highway driving when dialed down the ride is factory like. Best bang for the buck IMHO and they are made in the USA. Give Remy at UMI a call as they are a distributor for Viking and hey can give you  some great advice on what setup would work best for your specific needs.

David

Hey David I went ahead and brought the Vikings coil overs. They are just the double adjustable shock bodies so I'll have to break down and buy the coil over springs down the road. I'm going to throw them on my 72 to get the front a little lower then it sits in the picture below (which is lowering springs, 2" drop spindles with QA-1 shocks). The rear is regular coil overs where I can move the shocks up or down on the rear end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The coil overs are in and not set to any setting at this time. The coils are all the way down so that won't last long.post-26-0-43690700-1457211111_thumb.jpeg The upper control arm is way off the frame which looks good but limits the turning of the wheelspost-26-0-46275600-1457211131_thumb.jpeg

• 1 month later...

So the other week we rolled the 72 out after doing the swap to coil overs and noticed the car wouldn't roll as easy as before. Still have to get the front end sitting right but will be losing a weekend of work due to Spring Carlisle coming up.