My Bloody Finger and Int Insulation Question

When removing a quarter panel I cut the crud out of my left index finger on the remaining sheet metal still attached to the car. Immediately, blodd was everywhere, required 6 stiches. So I am not working on the car today. Wow, the shot they gave me in the hand hurt like hell.

Anyway, heard of a guy who used some type of adhesive roofing insulation as sound and heat insulation. Similar to dynamatt, but much much cheaper. Home depot did not have any. Does anyone know what this stuff is called and would it work for insulating the int of my 72

i bought the sound proofing kit for the Monte and it was basically like tar paper (not sure if that is the right name) Really sticky and a real PITA to get off the floor boards when it's time to do it.

I have a '72 Custom and they came with "extra sound deadener" on th e floor boards and noticed that under some of the major areas the was also some of the regular sound deadener material like the other areas of the car (a 1/2" think or so fiber like material batting) I'm not sure where you can get this from in bulk.

If anyone knows please let me know!

I installed dynamat Extreme liner on my floor boards. it was very easy to install super sticky and has a aluminum faceing. I might be able to get a deal on there bulk pack if someone was interested. as for the finger, get you some mechanix gloves they save fingers.

Hey Hey

Creedog I did the same thing when I put the quarters on the first body back around 92 but we tape it with masking tape amd that work stop the bleeding untill I hit it square with the hammer (trying to get thing stright) yea I got stiches don't rember how many (The dr want me to go to the hospital I said no I will wait untill I could meet herr at the office 9I think I made here mad )all I could say is ouch whan I got them

Dave

Damn, sorry about your finger...OUCH

Guys, as I see most of our Monte parts suppliers carry the sound deadner for around $35-$40. So how much cheaper can you get? The ones I'm talking about are also custom made for the A body.

Example: click lower link

Carpets/accessories

Dave

I was told that this insulation material was about 20 for a whole roll which should do a whole car. I want to do the inside of the roof, the floor and behind all the panels (should act as a water proofer as well)

creedog--

enjoyed your website. don't take this the wrong way but seeing all that mess under your vinyl top was encouraging to me. mines not that bad.

i am taking-on a similar project to yourself. and seem to have similar amount of experience. i am curious what materials you used to prep and dye the vinyl interior parts.

Hey man sorry about your finger. I know how it feels. Last year a I cut the middle finger on my left hand with a radial arm saw. It cut it right down the middle about 1/8" deep. I thought that was bad enough but a couple weeks later I cut my left thumb right through the joint on a table saw. It cut it completely off. That was so painful. It still hurts especially when it's cold.

Eric

KMelton. Yeah that roof is a mess. Will have to find a donor for the rear section.Should not be too hard to cut the mess out and weld it in. After all it it will never be seen. The ammount of rust is proportional to the crappy repair job that someone did on the roof. Imagine as I was sanding the roof clean, and hit a patch of bondo. Pink dust everywhere. The sanded area keeps getting lower and lower below the sheet metal. Then paper towel (filler) starts flying everwhere.

The panels I did with a can of dye from the local auto shop. Nothing fancy at all and they look really nice dressed up. I should have some more pictures up soon.

FYI, Bought some mechanix gloves today. No more sheetmetal cuts for me.