Remote Mirror Removal

Droff

Someone have a few tips on removing the remote mirror from the door panel?

I have 3 cables attached to the back, I can see a couple screw ends on the door panel as well, just don't know how to get it apart.

Thanks.

Remove the screws holding the toggle onto the door panel.  Remove the bezel and there should be a backing plate that bezel was secured to.  Remove backing plate.  Remove mirror from door ledge while feeding remote cable back through door and out.  Reverse procedure to install. :)  At least, that is how I remember it................  

Doug

There is also a "C" clip that holds the actual cable to the door panel bezel.  You will need to gently pry that off to separate them.  You can access the clip from the back side of the door panel.

Mike

Mine was easy. No prying needed. Just undo the screw at the bottom of the chrome bezel on the door panel and the part with the hand control should slide out. See photo below. It is hard to see because of the reflection but look closely and you will see a slotted screw.

002.JPG

Mine was easy. No prying needed. Just undo the screw at the bottom of the chrome bezel on the door panel and the part with the hand control should slide out. See photo below. It is hard to see because of the reflection but look closely and you will see a slotted screw.

I couldn't see that in the daylight. This should take care of my issue, thanks.