Grille detail?

7tonemonte

Anyone have good pics of the grille on a 71 and how it's supposed to look, as far as paintwork within the grille, what's black,gray, etc?

I'd love to spend a little time and clean mine up and would like to get it back to the way it's supposed to look. Taking care of a few exterior details that have always bothered me, headlight bezels done, now on to the grille

Thanks a lot!

Tony, I've done abit of research and a bunch of hours spent redoing 2 71 grilles. The outside surface of the horizontal bars are chrome, the rest of the was Argent silver. The band around the grille has a black stripe, I went a step further and hand painted the vertical bars satin black like the stripe around the grille. from a few feet away you don't see the vertical bars, which looks pretty cool.....The wife snapped this shot of me painting with an artist brush, she thinks I'm way too anal about details!

post-732-0-62247100-1461120619_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-69503900-1461120649_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry guys no pictures of the NOS grille. I passed on it. There was some pitting on the chrome face and for what it cost I wasn't gonna settle. Sorry