Bleeding Brakes - Proportioning valve

Was trying to bleed the brakes. Pedal is staying soft. I bench bled the Master . Brake fluid is coming out bet the pedal does not harden up. Is there also something I need to do with the Proportioning valve?  Is it possible the Master is bad? 

There's a push button valve on the back side of the proportioning valve that must be held in while bleeding the front brakes.  I used two door leveling shims between the vacuum booster and the valve to hold the button in.  Don't forget to remove it before you go for a drive.  I always bleed the rear brakes first, followed by the front.  Sometimes it goes smoothly, sometimes it's a bear - not sure why.

P9083663.jpg

This will be interesting , My Proportioning valve is located down on the frame. Its from inline-tube. So I have to keep the black button Depressed while bleeding the Fronts?  

When bench bleeding the Master the air is out but the front Bowl - port of the Master seems to blow Fluid up when Bench bleeding. Is this Normal? Link below to a video of it.

yes, as Dennis suggested, do the rears first, and if the rear brakes are not adjusted, that will give you a low pedal too

first I suggest to adjust the rear brakes

if you do not get fluid flow from the front bleeders, push the valve in

Gm factory manuall state bleed LF,RF,LR,RR always shortest distance from Master Cly to furriest. Are your rear shoes adjusted properly?.When yo push down on petal does it stop at some point & stay hard? You can adjust petal height if necessary under dash.

1. If there's air in the system doing rears first only makes it harder to remove & making air travel that much farther to get out. & could results in some not getting out.

Oops combination keys ........... I had bled the brakes.  I Started on the rear Passenger side. I do get fluid out of all for wheels.  I bleed them 3 times. Same condition. Pedal does not Harden up. All brake component lines metal and rubber are relatively new.. The rear brakes are adjusted. 

Since the master is on the bench I was bleeding it again. My vise is by the window and the sun was coming through. I could see tiny miniscule bubbles in the hose to the front bowl. I bled the master until they cleared out. I saw online about the level of the car and the Master cylinder that air can get trapped. I have been changing the level/pitch of the master cylinder in the vise. The bubbles continue in the front bowl an go away. I reposition the master and bled  it again and they return. I even changed the bleeding fitting that goes into the master and the hose. I also put grease around the fitting to seal it up.. When I reposition the master I get the same tiny bubbles coming from the line into the hose. 

So I opted  and got a new master. Its been bench bled. When I was bleeding the brakes with the old Master cylinder I kept the lid on. Should the lid be on or off the master when bleeding the brakes?

Thanks guys. It was the Master cylinder. Strange I thought when they went they leaked. My son  and wife are thrilled they don't have to assist me bleeding the brakes any longer.  I decided to go with the Wilwood Black master even though expensive as it looks a lot nicer. Hers some pictures with the Hydroboost and New master installed..

post-44-0-63059300-1462075395_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-93140800-1462075406_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-79900000-1462075419_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-09007200-1462075434_thumb.jpg